Chapter 3

First Encounter With Kieran  

“Ms. Valerie, do you want to have breakfast now?” Jayvion immediately recovered and smiled at Valerie.

Breakfast?

Memories had returned to Valerie wave after wave. None of them were pleasant.

Valerie snorted inwardly, but she put on an embarrassed face.

“Jayvion, I had a nightmare last night and even jolted awake at midnight. I’m t oo weak to go to the dining room now. Would you please bring my breakfast h ere?”

Valerie looked up at Jayvion with her watery eyes. Her fingers wriggled nervo usly where Jayvion couldn’t see.

Jayvion’s heart softened as he saw the dark circles under Valerie’s eyes.

“Sure, Ms. Valerie. I’ll fetch you the breakfast right away.”

Jayvion bowed slightly and hurried out of Valerie’s room.

As soon as Jayvion left her sight, Valerie dashed toward her tacky bedside tab le and checked the calendar.

“20…16. I was kicked out when I was 13. I’m 7 years old now. I havè six years left.” Valerie murmured.

Soon, she frowned in frustration.

Six years?  

Valerie thought, “I have to stay here for another six years?”

As Valerie remembered her family’s dismissive attitude, she felt she couldn’t s tay in this house for one more second.

The crease between her brows deepened as Valerie’s mind was a mess at th e moment.

She was trying to remember the significant events in those years.

Yet, she was swarmed by all her old memories.

She couldn’t think clearly.

Valerie thought, “Forget it.

That’s it.

I’ll try to jot something down after breakfast.” Valerie followed her heart.

She returned to bed.

She folded her hands on her stomach and slowly reminisced about the signific ant events she could remember.

Valerie waited patiently for Jayvion.

On the other hand, Jayvion was upset after fetching breakfast from the kitchen

.

When Jayvion walked past them to the kitchen for Valerie’s breakfast, either R eese or Reyna asked him about Valerie. Their sole focus was on Zoe. They were looking at Zoe with so much love.

Kieran was having breakfast elegantly and putting food on Zoe’s plate

too.

Jayvion watched them for a while before turning around.

He let out a long sigh.

“What’s wrong, Mr. Bowman?”

“Nothing. Go back to your duty.”

The kitchen staff was shocked by Jayvion’s sigh.

One of them couldn’t help but look up and ask Jayvion the question.

After getting Valerie’s breakfast, Jayvion went straight to her room. Jayvion didn’t think he would stand to stay in the dining room at the

moment.