Chapter 26

Be Targeted  

Valerie took a deep breath with her nose to relieve her discomfort.

She stopped and pulled Mica to her.

“If you want to take off your glasses. just do it. It’s okay.” Mica was shocked to hear that.

“I’ll take them off tomorrow…”

Valerie shrugged her shoulders and let it go.

They had their lunch quietly and had classes peacefully.

But the relationship between Valerie and Mica was well grounded.

In the next cooking class and gym class, the students needed partners. Naturally, Valerie and Mica were together.

And they talked more and more casually.

It made some students in the class envy Mica.

Kids were usually fond of people who were stronger.

Valerie stood out and fought back the third graders. It deeply moved her class mates.

They wanted to approach Valerie now, but none of them was brave enough to  make a move.

Because they had been mean to Valerie.

“Valerie, I think the others have something to say to you.”

Mica was sensitive. He noticed kids around and whispered to Valerie, who wa s doing stretching exercises beside him.

“I know.”

Mica closed his mouth. Now he understood why the others didn’t dare to talk t o Valerie.

Earlier, when people put thumbtacks under Valerie’s table, Mica didn’t join the m. But he also didn’t stop them.

Moreover, Mica had even threatened Valerie.

Thinking about it, Mica felt more and more ashamed.

He felt so awkward that he wanted to stamp his feet.

Mica understood that the students were too ashamed to approach Valerie.

Besides, Valerie had a strong aura.

She was always expressionless and indifferent. People were too afraid to talk to her.

The sun soon set, and the school bell rang.

Mica walked to Valerie.

“Valerie, where do you live? Do you need me to send you home?” Without even looking at Mica, Valerie packed her school bag.

“You don’t need to. I live far away. It’ll take one hour to get there and go back.

Mica opened his mouth and wanted to say something. But Valerie had already  left the classroom with the school bag on her back.

“It’s very kind of you.”

Derek was watching Mica and Valerie from the front. He couldn’t help but laugh.

Mica immediately looked embarrassed. But he turned to Derek.

“Thank you for helping drive those people away today.” Derek waved his hand casually.

“Don’t mention it. I did that because they were too noisy.”

While talking, Derek grabbed his empty school bag and left the classroom. He had finished his homework and put it under his table.

Watching Derek leave, Mica pulled his schoolbag straps nervously.

He stood there and thought for a while. Then, Mica made up his mind. He ran out of the classroom and rushed to the school gate.