Chapter 15

Be Alone

any words?”

Zoe was about to cry and she said with both dissatisfaction and resistance.

“Zoe, be good, give it to me!”

Valerie didn’t dare to exert too much strength and just withdrew the workbook from Zoe’s hand bit by bit.

The workbook was finally taken away.

And Zoe sat on the ground.

She didn’t get what she liked.

The workbook left her embrace and was now in Valerie’s hand.

Zoe cried in grievance.

And her cries were loud.

Everyone in the villa could hear it.

“Zoe!”

Reyna and Bruce rushed over.

Following the sound, they went to the corridor.

Reyna held Zoe in her arms and stroked her head with a heartache.

“Zoe, what happened? There, there, tell me what’s going on!” Zoe cried so much that she gasped for breath.

With red eyes, she pointed at Valerie.

“Valerie…”

Only then did Reyna and Bruce notice Valerie.

Zoe had yet to finish her accusation.

But Reyna shot daggers at Valerie already.

“What have you done to your sister? Where did your conscience go?” Valerie was prepared for Reyna’s questioning.

However, she still felt pain in her heart after experiencing it again.

The one questioning her like this was her mother.

Everyone was stunned by the loud questioning.

Even Zoe, who was in Reyna’s arms, stopped crying. She sobbed and cautiou sly looked at Valerie.

Zoe knew that she was in the wrong and that Valerie would be reprimanded b y Reyna again.

Valerie didn’t show the nervous and aggrieved expression like always. She jus t gripped the workbook and hid it behind her, looking quietly at Reyna and Bruce.

Reyna’s chest rose and fell due to excitement.

When she calmed down and Zoe stopped crying, Valerie coldly explained.

“Zoe wanted to take my workbook away. I have to hand it in tomorrow, so I too k it back.”

The emotionless explanation lingered in the corridor, which stunned the two m en arriving later. They both had ugly faces.

“Workbook? Did you go to school?”

Reyna was not angry anymore. She was so shocked that her tone was sharp.

Valerie’s expression confirmed that she had gone to school.

And Reyna didn’t know what to say.

If that was the case, then Zoe was in the wrong.

Reyna felt heartbroken when she saw Zoe, who had red eyes in her arms.

But she couldn’t reprimand Valerie.

They were both her daughters.

She had no idea about Valerie going to school and yelled at her…

“Give the workbook to Zoe for a look if she wants it. Why is this workbook the only one you have? Why did you make her cry? Don’t you know that she was i n bad health?”