Chapter 9

Just a Coincidence

The driver's voice brought Kieran's sanity back.

The panic that had just flickered in his mind disappeared without a trace. Valerie's indifferent look made Kieran feel depressed and upset at once.

He raised an eyebrow, his face twitching.

Kieran got out of the car and stopped paying attention to Valerie.

"Go to the principal's office."

"OK."

The conversation between the two made the driver feel so awkward.

Smiling, he walked them into the school and returned to the car with a long sig h of relief.

It was the first time that Kieran stayed in the same car as Valerie.

In the past, it was always Zoe who chatted with Kieran in the car. Kieran would smile, take over Zoe's tablet, and show her the beautiful toys and jewelry.

Then he would memorize all the ones that Zoe had her eye on and then go to the luxury stores to buy them.

The driver was shocked by the rich's life at first, but now, he was already numb.

He became indifferent.

But today, he was surprised.

At first glance, he thought Valerie was a servant's child.

But she was indeed the daughter of the Horton family.

The driver thought, "How could the atmosphere between them be so embarrassing?

It was so embarrassing that he held his breath as he drove.

The driver looked at their receding backs.

He began to be worried about Valerie.

The two walked to the principal's office without speaking.

On the way, Valerie almost jogged to keep up with Kieran, and by the time they reached the principal's office, she could hardly catch her breath.

When Kieran saw her tired face, he scolded her.

"You look terrible! Hurry up and adjust yourself."

Valerie wanted to give Kieran a black look. She struggled to adjust her breathing.

Kieran knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Mr. Fisher's calm and mellow voice came from inside the room.

Kieran opened the door and saw a middle- aged man with gray hair. The man smiled as he watched the siblings enter.

"Mr. Fisher, long time no see."

Kieran immediately bowed respectfully to the principal.

Valerie, who was following behind, also hurriedly mimicked Kieran's movements.

Shane Fisher smiled and stood up to greet Kieran and Valerie.

Shane laughed, "Long time no see. The most brilliant student back then has become so successful!"

"It's all thanks to you."

After the two finished their courtesy, Shane looked at Valerie behind.

Kieran.

A hint of obscurity flashed in Shane's eyes, and then he looked at Kieran probingly. "Is this your sister?"

"Yes."