Chapter 101-105

Chapter 101 Are You... Valerie?  

Derek’s eyes lit up when he saw Valerie agree.

“It’s good that you were willing to

go out and play with me. We can decide where to go later. You should rest qui ckly, and I also need to convey the message to my grandfather” Ah!

Indeed!

Grandpa, they were having a meeting for their matters again.

It’s fake to say that one is not moved.

But still, it’s quite embarrassing.

Valerie stood up and turned around, heading toward Galen’s study

“Wait a moment.”

Derek grabbed her arm, preventing her from moving forward.

“Derry?”

“Val, it’s better for me to convey this matter. If you go there now, it will make them even more reluctant to let you meet anyone from the Horton family. I feel they might do many extreme things.”

In the end, he came alone to inquire because he had thought of such a scenario.

Well…

If Grandpa had seen Valerie, he would have had a worried and embarrassed expression on his face.

He, the elderly person, specified the first outbreak…

Valerie’s feet came to a halt as she wanted to move forward.

She seemed to have also anticipated the angry expressions of the Horton family when facing them.

And Galen, with a face red from anger…

“Well, then it would be troublesome for you to go and say it, thank everyone on my behalf!”

Derek smiled.

“Well, don’t worry, I will make sure to convey it properly.”

Not leaving immediately, he held Valerie’s hand and watched her lie down on the bed.

It was almost summer now, so there was no hot water bottle in the bed.

There was just an additional top–grade agarwood incense for better sleep on the bedside.

Recently, Valerie had been having trouble sleeping, so Derek specifically found a potent agarwood to help her sleep.

Put it on the bedside after you finish.

Watching Valerie getting ready to sleep, Derek skillfully turned off the lights for her.

“Goodnight Val, see you tomorrow.”

“Goodnight, Derry.”

As per usual, Valerie bid goodnight. After Derek turned off the lights, her eyelids started to feel heavy.

Derek returned to the study and conveyed Valerie’s message to everyone.

The study fell into silence once again.

“Ah, Valerie was just too kind.”

“Good child, how did she end up being born into the Horton family…..” They had already become strangers to the Horton family.

And it was a bit awkward.

Although she was happy, she liked the Fisher family.

But as soon as she thought about the suffering she had endured with the Hort family before, the raging anger in the study began to rise slowly.