Chapter 7

Enrollment

Valerie stayed in the dining room for a while before coming back to her senses.

It didn’t matter. Anywhere was fine.

But she needed two things…

Valerie would talk to Kieran about it. If it was not possible, she wouldn’t go.

With a determined mind, Valerie finished her breakfast and went straight to Kieran’s study.

There was a knock at the door.

“Come in.”

Kieran gently opened the door of his study.

Valerie’s mind went blank for a moment.

It had been so long since she last saw this study.

Valerie shook her head, and then she looked up at Kieran, who was organizing his clothes, ready to go out.

“Kieran, I have something to discuss with you.”

Kieran’s expression immediately became impatient.

“Just get to the point! Besides not sure wanting to go to school, everything else is negotiable.”

Valerie shrugged her shoulders. She wanted to go to school so that she would n’t have to face them all day long.

Valerie cleared her throat. “I want to borrow some money to buy a cellphone and a laptop. I will repay you.”

The study fell into silence

“Valerie…”

Kieran felt a strange atmosphere.

His sister borrowed money from him and promised to pay him back.

Kieran put aside the issue of borrowing money for now.

Didn’t Valerie have a cellphone?

Zoe had the latest tablet and cellphone. As long as there were new arrivals, Reese would buy them for her.

Kieran thought Valerie would be able to benefit from Zoe’s spoils and had a laptop or cellphone.

But it seemed not.

Due to Reese’s reaction just now, Kieran paid more attention.

“I will buy them for you. Our family doesn’t need to borrow money to buy such things.”

His remark was directed at Valerie.

Valerie obediently nodded, but she would pay Kieran back.

She didn’t want to owe them.

Kieran agreed, and Valerie politely bid farewell to him.

She left the study without looking back.

Kieran’s brows furrowed tightly.

But Valerie had left the study. He suppressed his dissatisfaction and went out to work.

As he came to the door, there happened to be a maid walking out with garbage bags.

Kieran, who was adjusting his tie, caught a whiff of lavender fragrance.

He turned around and gazed at one of the bags that looked different from the others.

Kieran thought it was just an empty garbage bag.

But inside it was an unfinished sachet and some dried lavender flowers.

It was thrown away by Valerie.

Kieran froze at the door for a moment.

He had never seen this thing before, and Valerie never told him that she would make a sachet for him.