Chapter 19

Aren’t You Angry?  

Derek walked toward Valerie.

He watched as she picked at the thumbtacks inside her desk and threw them on the floor one by one.

Her face was still expressionless.

Yet her strength was surprisingly strong.

Intrigued, he raised his eyes, crouched down on the ground, and helped her pi ck up the thumbtacks.

The class was in an uproar.

Sarah was grinning at first, and in an instant, she pulled a long face.

She thought, “I don’t think this is the first time he’s helped her.

Valerie is such an unattractive, skinny bitch. In what way is she charming?

What about her that gets Derek to keep helping her like this?”

Derek, who was squatting on the ground, looked up at Valerie and opened his mouth to say something.

Yet in the end, he didn’t.

After they were done, the teacher happened to step in and begin the class.

Sarah paid attention to Valerie out of the corner of her eye, turning vicious.

Sarah clutched the textbook in her hand, the crumpled paper showing her unhappiness at the moment.

Different from the previous times, Sarah indeed felt an unprecedented sense of crisis today.

She was absent–minded the whole class.

The second the bell rang, she went straight to her lackeys and said something.

Derek frowned.

He turned to face Valerie, who was carefully reviewing the teacher’s key point s in class.

“Aren’t you angry with what they did to you this morning?”

“What? I don’t know what I can get out of being angry. It’s pointless.”

Hearing that, Derek closed his mouth and slightly widened his eyes in surprise.
His gaze may

ween so burning that Valerie had to lift her head and look him in the eye.

“What?”

“Nothing…”

He touched his nose awkwardly, turned around, and cleared his throat from ti me to time.

His voice was childish, but he pretended to be sophisticated.

Valerie thought, “Are successful people always this proud when they are kids?”

Derek, who was sitting in the front, was very interested in Valerie.

He did not expect that there were other like–minded people about his age.

No one said anything more about thumbtacks, but Valerie clearly felt that the t roublemakers in her class were becoming completely unfriendly towards her.

In etiquette class and gym class, they kept picking on her.

They either tripped her or hit her with a ball.

Was that school violence?

The primary school students weren’t exactly that strong, but it hurt.

She did not know what was going on. Perhaps she had experienced death in her last life, anyway, she did not feel much about these things now.