Chapter 5

Alienation  

Valerie nibbled the corn cob while thinking about what would happen in the co ming years.

With her immature hands, she wrote on the blank paper she had gotten from Jayvion.

“At the age of 7, Galen Fisher, who was once a general, retired and let his eld est grandson enter the military for further education.

“At the age of 8, people started paying attention to short videos. I can start from here…

“At the age of 9, Zoe entered a prestigious school, but there were not enough spots, so they sent me to a public school.

“At the age of 10, there was a flood in the coastal area during the summer, submerging a city. How much money did the Horton family donate? Well, it doesn’t matter to me…”

Valerie vaguely remembered the most memorable things from her past, but th ere were things she couldn’t recall Valerie gave up thinking about it.

The blank paper was not filled up.

Valerie sighed with regret.

In her previous life, she always wanted to improve her relationship with her famil y and didn’t pay much attention to the outside world.

Valerie just heard something major.

She regretted it!

Valerie thought, “Well, I will just wait and see. The only thing I can do is focus on short videos and see if I can develop something from them. Even if I fail, it doesn’t matter. I have done a lot of jobs before.”

Valerie once even lived in a shack that cost 25 dollars. This was no big deal.

After washing up, Valerie lay in bed. She carefully folded the paper and placed it under her pillow before falling into a deep sleep.

Late at night, the study room in the Horton’s house was still brightly lit.

Kieran rubbed his weary eyes and habitually reached out to grab something next to him.

But he got nothing.

“Kieran, the milk is good for your sleep. You didn’t eat much. It’s a midnight sn ack prepared for you. Don’t work too hard.”

Valerie’s obedient look appeared in his mind.

Kieran gazed at Valerie today in the kitchen and noticed that the dark circles under her eyes became apparent.

Since when did Valerie insist on bringing him midnight snacks?

Kieran remembered that after taking the business from his father, a cup of mil k would always be next to him. It had been more than three years… How old Valerie was?

Kieran’s hand on the cup trembled. He habitually furrowed his brows, and the temples throbbed, causing his head to ache uncomfortably.

Kieran had just calmed down, but now he felt restless again. His head throbbed.

Kieran habitually furrowed his brows, and the temples throbbed, causing his head to ache.

Kieran reached out and massaged his throbbing temples, recalling the massages that used to relax him.

Valerie would gently massage his temples to relieve his headache.

As Kieran groggily opened his eyes, he was startled.

The one who had been taking care of him was always Valerie.

But today’s Valerie seemed so unfamiliar…