Chapter 13

Huston/TX
Day of the party noon 🕛

Coco's POV

"I'm gonna have a good time " coco said to herself as she was in the car leaving party city getting her costume.

She had been saying calming herself words too herself since she told Tokyo she was going. She just wanted it to be a calm drama free night. She never partied like that anyway so she didn't feel like she was missing anything. But she had to be there for her new best friend.

She wanted to stay positive so she wouldn't ruin the vibe later tonight with her attitude. It wasn't about her it was about Tokyo and her cousin Rob.

Coco went to sonic to get something to eat because she woke up late and didn't get to eat. Since she was on fall break she's been sleeping in and she wasn't complaining about it. If it wasn't for the party she would still be sleeping right now.

She got to the window and ordered cheese sticks, buffalo chicken bites and a ocean water slushy. She got her total and went to the next window. She then paid and started to eat her food while she drove.

As she ate she wondered what everyone else was gonna dress up as or were they even gonna participate. You know some people think they're to cute or better to dress up for Halloween at a big age. She was also hoping no one was matching her because that would be awkward.

She finally made it home. She thought maybe Que would be home but he wasn't.

"Maybe he's with Tokyo already." She said out loud walking to put her costume and trash on the counter in the kitchen. She then went to turn the ceiling fan on the house felt stuffy to her. The weather was bipolar it was cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon. Her and Que chose not to turn the air or heat on yet. So turn a fan on or get a blanket.

She went back and threw away her trash and she got her costume going to her room.

It was 1:30 and the party didn't start until 10, so she had plenty of time to just chill.

Tokyo told her that her cousin Rob's birthday was at on Halloween day which was the night of the party at 12. And hers was two days later. So they just share the party as one and then they'll have a family dinner on her birthday.

Coco thought that was nice of him to do that with her. Some people would think it was weird and would want to be selfish but he wasn't from what she heard. They're relationship was like her and Que's.

People always had a hard time understanding her and Que were cousins but they were raised like siblings. It was always them two, him and her was always there.

Knocking her out her thoughts her phone dinged. It was a instagram post from Tokyo tagging her on her story about the party.

 It was a instagram post from Tokyo tagging her on her story about the party