Chapter 27

A Mouth later

Everything has been going good for everybody. Thanksgiving had passed and it was like everyone known each other for years.

Coco and Que fit into the family so well. All the aunties and uncles thought Coco was the most beautiful girl in the world and was such nice person. And as for Que he was a mix of Rob,Kenny and Cam so he got on everybody's nerves just like the other males did.

The person Rob and Tokyo was nervous about meeting them was their great grandmother. She was the oldest of everybody and she didn't like how the younger generation just told people what they did in dark. She was one of the first of the family to be affected by the curse.

🎇Flashbacks 🎇

Growing up in New Orleans wasn't always good for great grandma Mae. Her mother and father were slaves and she was born in to it. Her and seven other siblings made it easy though. With it being so many of them they didn't have to work in the fields as much.

Her mother always said to be careful of who you have in your presence. Never let evil take over your life. Mae was the second to last child from her mother and father. All she could remember was her two older siblings above her and her little brother. She didn't get to know her other siblings because of what her father did.

Mae was 8 years old when she found her mother was dead. Once her mother died all the older kids left and lost contact with their father. He was left with four kids Charles(13), Hattie(12), Mae(8) and James(6).

From what Charles and Hattie told Mae their mother was killed by voodoo gone wrong. Their father was cheating on their mother with some woman. But come to find out the woman's family had hands in voodoo.

Mae's mother gave their father an ultimatum leave the woman he was cheating with or she was leaving him and taking the kids. Picking his family, he told his mistress that they couldn't be with each other anymore and she didn't take that well.

The mistress looked into what she could do to keep him to herself. She found an old book with spell and ritual in it. She stayed up for days trying to find out which one to use. On the third day she found a spell called "Vanpir Linyon" which meant vampire bloodline.

She thought if she would make the two vampire he would be with her forever. So she just needed to make powder for the curse and say the spell at the same time and her plan will be done.

"What if I mess up on the spell the first time, I could kill him" the mistress thought... "I should just try it on his wife first to see if I did it right." She talked to herself.

Her plan was to see Mae's mother Sunday after church and approach her and see what happens next.

Sunday came along and Mae's mother made her youngest four children get up for church. She took them with her and they sat though service watching others praise the lord. Once everything was over, Mae's mother gathered her kids and walked outside.

With them being the first a few to walk out of church, the mistress approach them and blew the powder and Mae's mother face. Most of the powder got inhaled by Mae's mother, but the children also inhaled it. Quickly saying her spell, not wanting to be seen, the mysteries ran away.

Mae's mother collapse to the ground and started seizing at the mouth. The children all stood there staring at their mother, yelling at the top of their lungs and crying. Hattie being the first one to notice no one was paying attention. She ran to the church to find somebody to help her mother, but she also collapsed to the ground. Not even seconds later all the other three kids fell to the ground.