7

Chapter 31 - Finding Out The Truth (2)

Lian Hu started shivering more than before but he didn't tried to deny the truth.

"What happened after that?" Li Ming asked him.

At first he kept silent but the cold eyes if Li Ming made him terrified and he started reciting everything.

"When I returned back home, I told everyone that we both got separated in the storm and I couldn't find him. Our families tried to find him but of course no one found him. After that it took me a complete year and a half to prepare tools for the mining. But I had only 6-8 people and they were not enough. But 5 years ago, I found Han Zhe talking about his plan with his wife, who didn't want him to do any such thing. I thought that I could also benefit from it. So after discussing we both decided to work together. Because of the less production of last two seasons, the villagers were in bad condition. So, I offered them money and in return asked for 80% of their production and for their grown up children to work for me. In the past 4 years they had only seen their children a few times and the children are not allowed to leak any information about the iron mines." Lian Hu completed his story and fell completely silent.

"Then according to you the villagers were already struggling with the poisoned fields even before you started your plans." Li Ming looked at the both men who nodded their heads in affirmation.

'How could that be possible? If not these two then who poisoned the fields?'

It was the first time in this world that Li Ming had came across a really tricky situation.

"Snowy, go and bring Sir Liu and his family here!" Li Ming told Snowy who left immediately.

"Why no one from the Capital city found about the mine?" Li Ming asked Lian Hu.

"The Thundering Mountains are the safest mountain ranges in Han Empire, which means that there are very small amount of spiritual herbs and spirit beasts. It also means that the people from the Imperial City don't have enough time to waste on such a place where they will not find something useful. The only people who went into the Thundering Mountains are from the nearby villages. They go into the forest only for catching some prey, wood or collecting fruits and wild veggies. And for such things they don't need to venture deep into the mountains. So, no one found about the mine and my work."

Li Ming rubbed her forehead. She had never thought that these two people would be committing such a high treason.

"Other than this, is there anything else you would like to confess?" Li Ming asked the duo.

"Nothing.....there is nothing more to tell." Lian Hu said but soon chocked on his words.

It was a clear sign that he was still hiding something. The Truth Seeking Pill would not let him lie. Li Ming didn't say anything and waited.

After a minutes later, Snowy came back with the Liu family. Li Ming asked both Lian Hu and Han Zhe to repeat what they had told her.

At first Lian Hu didn't comply but he didn't have many options. Due to the Truth Seeking Pill, he told the Liu family everything.

After listening that the children from the village were actually working in the iron mines, Sir Liu was ready to kill both the culprits right there.

After everything was clear, Li Ming asked some of the villagers to bring the families of both Han Zhe and Lian Hu there.

Lian Hu had a wife and two sons (both were over twenty years old) in his family and after asking a few questions after feeding the Truth Seeking Pills to the three of them, everyone found that his entire family was taking part in the treason.