24

Chapter 146 - The Auction (Part One)

Name:Glamorous Journey Of The Female Protagonist

 Author:Nightsummer20

"Miss Li, you are finally here!"

The same man, who previously met Li Ming at the reception, greeted their group at the entrance of the auction house.

There was barely three minutes left before the auction would officially start. The Crown Prince really wasted a lot of time.

They all greeted the shopkeeper and Li Ming said, "We apologize for making you wait here. We got stuck with some matters. Hope you won't mind."

The shopkeeper immediately shook his head negatively. How could he be angry at one of their special guests of the auction that was starting soon?

Miss Bao had already informed him to treat Miss Li and her companions with respect and to make sure that she would be comfortable during the auction.

What he was not expecting was to see an entire group of people to come along with the Young Miss.

"Miss Li, are these people accompanying you in the auction?" The shopkeeper asked as his eyes roamed over the man who was wearing high-quality robes and nearly a dozen royal guards.

"Oh! Actually, he is the Crown Prince of the Han Empire. We coincidentally met on our way here. We will be attending this auction together." Li Ming politely replied to the shopkeeper, without even giving any chance to the Crown Prince to open his mouth.

She could feel his eyes glaring at her from her right side but she completely ignored it, pretending to be completely oblivious.

The shopkeeper bowed to the Crown Prince while greeting him as he replied to Li Ming's question, "Sure Miss Li. Also, the Eldest Young Miss has made sure that you won't face any discomfort here. Please come this way."

The shopkeeper took them towards the third floor where the private rooms were prepared for the high-status visitors.

A faint smile appeared on Li Ming's face as she followed behind the old man.

If not for the veil that hid her evil smirk, the Crown Prince would definitely have noticed the trick that she just played, but fortunately, no one noticed anything.

Everything went exactly according to Li Ming's plan. After seeing the Crown Prince of the Han Empire with her, the shopkeeper was even more curious about the young girl's identity.

They already knew that the young girl belonged to a powerful background and after seeing her casually entering into the shop with the Crown Prince of an Empire, her identity had become a mystery.

But the shopkeeper happily took the group to their private room as their auction house was already considering to invest in the Young Miss. The final decision would be taken after the auction.

In short, according to the information that the old shopkeeper had received from Miss Bao, it looked like Miss Li would become one of their special customers and investors if her pills sold out at a high price in the auction.

The smirk on Li Ming's lips stretched into a soft smile as she heard the thoughts of the shopkeeper.

Her plan was going exactly how she wanted. And though she couldn't listen to the Crown Prince's thoughts due to his higher level of cultivation, just looking at the frown that had appeared on his face assured her that her plan had succeeded in luring the Prince into her trap.

Li Ming was definitely not wrong about the Crown Prince. Just like how the shopkeeper mistook Li Ming as a friend of the Imperial family of the Han Empire, similarly, the Crown Prince mistook her as a close friend or at least one of the VIP customers of the auction house after hearing the conversation between the shopkeeper and the young girl.