30

Chapter 176 - Challenging The Old Man

Name:Glamorous Journey Of The Female Protagonist Author:Nightsummer20

Li Ming let out a ball of her energy that surrounded the stack of parchments before they can completely disintegrate.

She hurriedly crouched down beside the parchments and started mumbling a spell, a few seconds later the parchments were back to their original state.

A sigh of relief left her lips as she watched the parchments which looked completely fine once again.

She stood up and looked around the room. The door was protected by some kind of ward and the same went for the window.

Just like the ward around the Snow Fields, this ward was also very powerful. There was no way that she could break it given her current cultivation level.

Giving up on fleeing, she started walking towards the attached area at the other end of the living room which looked like a kitchen.

And if her guess was correct then that sour smell was coming from that place.

---

"I thought you will be happy after seeing one of us nearly after seven or eight years. Who knew that you will be traumatized by our visit?" The Heaven Emperor said to the old man.

To his surprise, the old man didn't say anything. It was like he was too deep in his thoughts that he didn't even hear his words.

The Heaven Emperor was curious to know exactly what had suddenly taken over the mind of the old man.

Unknown to him, the thoughts of the old man were filled by a little girl who was currently left behind in his precious hut.

He was going crazy after realizing that if she could set the blood cherry plant on fire to enter the Snow Fields then who knew if she would set his entire hut on fire to get out of it.

Though he had tied her to a chair before coming out but he had a feeling that he had underestimated the girl.

That's why currently his main focus was on reaching back to his hut as soon as possible and due to this, he didn't even realize that the Heaven Emperor was talking to him all this time.

It took them around eight to nine minutes to reach the hut from the western end of the Snow Fields.

The old man landed in front of his hut and relief washed over him after seeing his house still standing there without any trace of harm.

But he still needed to make sure that the girl was still bound to the chair and had not fled. Therefore, he hurriedly rushed inside the hut.

The Heaven Emperor who was getting more and more confused by the old man's behavior also entered the hut.

As they both entered the house, the old man's eyes immediately landed on the chair. But to his horror, all he saw was the crumbles of the rope which was supposed to be tied around the girl's hands.

"You are finally back. Were you planning to kill me?"

The sudden icy voice that greeted them from the kitchen, surprised both the old man and the Heaven Emperor.

A girl in a dark blue dress and a fur cloak draped over her, was standing at the counter of the kitchen.

She was carrying a basket in her hands which were filled with things to the brim.

Her long black hair was tied high on her head with a single golden hairpin in it. Her simple blue jade earrings were long enough to reach her shoulder.

And her beautiful cute face was a direct contrast to her icy gaze which was currently trained on the old man.