38

Chapter 216 - The Trial (Part One)

Name:Glamorous Journey Of The Female Protagonist Author:Nightsummer20

The inside of the Weapon Section of the Forbidden Grounds was ringing with the painful cries coming from the girl who was kneeling in the very middle of the high platform.

Her torn clothes, disheveled and sweaty hair, the cuts all over her bare arms, feet, and hands were covered in blood.

The most shocking scene was the blood that was coming out from the palm of her right hand.

In all the blood that was dripping on the floor from that deep gash of her palm, tiny blue sparkling particles could be seen in that blood.

When she first closed her fingers around that blue sparkling ball of light, she had felt it penetrating her skin as it traveled up her arms and towards her shoulders.

It barely took a few seconds before that energy met with her heart and that was the exact moment when Li Ming let out that terrifying scream as her heart suddenly erupted in pain.

It was the worst kind of pain that she had ever suffered through in both of her lives.

Her already exhausted body was not prepared to deal with such intensity of pain that took over her body, leaving her in a mess.

Li Ming bit her lips as she tried to stop the screams of pain that were ready to slip from her lips.

For a moment she thought that she heard some kind of disturbances at the gate of the Weapon Section but as her ears piqued nothing when she tried to concentrate, she just shook her head and started paying attention to her own situation.

She could not wait for someone to appear there and help her. She knew her body and as far as she could tell, both her body and soul had suffered through so much in the past few hours that they won't be able to stand against the pain that was trying to kill her.

She felt like something was separating every single cell of her heart and then binding it together after adding something new to it and of course, the pain was beyond bearable.

It was like going through surgery without any anesthesia.

Li Ming grasped her chest with her left hand right above her heart as her breathing started getting completely out of her control. It was becoming harder for her to breathe due to the pain that was making her want to get lost in the darkness and never return.

Unknown to her, the Six Immortals and the old man were quick to reach the Forbidden Grounds as soon as they heard her scream and felt the tremor that shook the ground.

It did not take them long to locate the sobbing Snowy who was scratching at the ice walks of the Weapon Section as the little furball tried his best to find a way to get to his Master as soon as possible.

Within a mere second, both of the illusion arrays and the protection barrier at the entrance of the Weapon Section were taken down by the Heaven Emperor.

The Immortals accompanied by a worried Master and a panicked familiar entered the Hall of Spiritual Weapons.

No one was prepared to come across the scene that greeted their eyes inside the Hall of Spiritual Weapons.

"Master.....!"

"Ming'er!"

"Sweet..."

The newcomers stood there at the entrance in complete shock as they took in the condition of Li Ming who looked even paler than a vampire even though her body was covered in her blood.