ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

𓂅  𓄹 Welcome to Chapter 33 𓄼

Well, figured it out yet?

Let's get into it!

━━・❪ ❫・━━

QUAKE AND THORN WALKED ENDLESSLY, the two of them got tired, the brothers were now resting.

Thorn sat on a chopped off tree trunk as for Quake who just sat on the floor, it was calculated that they were not even halfway there.

"How did you even survive... something like this?" -Quake

"I was with Purge back then, right now it's resting back in my room with Ais." -Thorn

"I see, well seems like we're unlucky with this one."

Quake joked, looking away as he scratched the back of his head. Thorn just chuckled.

The earth wielder looked at his younger brother, relieved at the easiness he had with him, it felt nice.

"Say... Duri, can you be honest with me." -Quake

"Yes? What do you need?" -Thorn

"Why is that whenever you're at least alone, I always saw you with a blank face that's very unreadable. It was as if your thoughts consumed you."

Quake mentioned leaving the nature wielder frozen in his position, looking at his elder brother with wide eyes.

He deeply sighed, looking at his palms as he bitterly smiled, looking at his elder brother.

"I don't know... everything's been such a mess for all of us lately. It's just that every time I hold the same smile it loses it's meaning everyday."

"I know that I shouldn't lose hope because I have my family with me, but it's as if the chances we all have are slim."

"I've always thought... a day, that maybe when something disastrous happens, and I'm all that's left, will I be able to get through it?"

Thorn clutched on his chest, remembering the past memories where he was in that horrible place, something worse than hell itself.

He hated seeing the flames, he hated the time where he ran away from his siblings than save them.

He hated the fact that he had to fight them for his own survival, if it weren't for Chaos, he would be as good as dead.

He hated having to see the face of that bastard who took away everything from him.

Quake looked at his younger brother in silence, smiling bitterly as he went to him, pulling him in for a hug.

The nature wielder was confused, looking up to his elder brother who just pulled him close.

Thorn then realized that he missed the warm hugs Quake had given him, where it was all soothing and warm.

"Whatever the future you saw has for us, we'll make sure that we will all get through it."

Quake said in a soft tone, patting the head of his younger brother who looked away from him, tears attempting to escape from his eyes.