Chapter 1 - Welcome To Senior Year

reading over this book now, i'm realising how much i don't like it - there's unnesscary dialogue, too much PDA, and it's a bit repetitive. so i'm going to be going through this book in the next year and editing it! :) xx 

love camryn!

***

Senior year - a time for turning enemies into friends, joining the clubs you were too frightened to join when you were a freshman and falling in love.

This year, I had a mission; to complete the above perfectly. 

Of course, I already had a true love and I was madly in love with him, but the other parts still were in progress. 

Ryder and I hadn't talked much over the summer, speaking of him. and it made for the worst summer by far. It was almost like he didn't want to talk to me, but he reassured me he wanted to and I trusted him. 

My summer was boring, to say the least; I had spent most of the days sleeping or re-reading the Hunger Games series. Constantly, I could hear Jake and Angie blabbing on in the room next to mine, keeping me awake and sleep deprived. They just wouldn't shut up.

Despite my lack of sleep, I was pumped for my senior year, but I was also kind of sad to think that school would be over forever and I'd never walk the corridors again. 

But that was why I planned to make this the best senior year ever. 

There was also the choice of college adding to this already stressful year, and I honestly didn't know what I was doing; I was thinking a musical college, but only if Ryder wanted to. Rachel kept on telling me about how awesome NYADA was and how she enjoyed it there and how I should apply to NYADA, but I didn't think it was my type of school. 

But I still had most of the year to make up my mind and that descision wouldn't plague me all year long. 

I walked through the doors of the school for the first time as senior, feeling prouder of myself than ever. I took a deep breath and stared down the packed hallways, letting a smile come across my face. I was a senior. Finally. "I'll see you  at Glee club in like, a minute." Angie told me, tapping my arm lightly and walking down to her locker by turning the corner. I nodded and walked down the opposite corridor, more freshman moving around the crowded hallways. 

I'd missed school over the summer. I'd missed the Glee club meetings and the random singing outbursts that we would have. I missed being around the few of us in the room and just being with people that made me feel so great about myself. 

We hadn't really hung out over summer, now that I thought about it. Kitty, Angie and I hung out for a day or two, spending time in the grounds of the private school near Kitty's house - the one she refused to go to. 

The school was made of red brick and looked far bigger than McKinley. I'd be lost all the time if I went there.  

The good points of the summer were that Angie and I were practically joined at the hip, besides the times when she went over to Jake's house for night. I suspected they were actually having sex. But besides those times, we hung out, doing the weirdest things. One time, we sat out the front of my house, throwing lemon sherbets at passing cars. It was a complete waste. I'd also tried to get Angie to try Nutella that same day, but she refused to, saying it looked like poo, which was quite a valid point. 

"Marley!" Travis called, walking up to me and grabbing my shoulder lightly and turning me around.

"Hi," I smiled, grabbing onto my bag tighter.

"Did you have a nice summer?" He asked, playing with his own bag strap.

"Good, quite dull, but fun," I shrugged. "You?"

"Same," He said with a smile before turning the nearest corner. I smiled to myself and continued walking down the hall slowly.

Travis didn't make me feel awkward anymore. Sure, he still looked like he liked me, but it didn't feel as expressed anymore. Perhaps it would again, I didn't know, but for now it was okay. 

I walked to my locker, which was surrounded by a bunch of gossiping girls in pink, talking to a girl who was bent down, looking through the locker below mine. 

I came up behind them and asked them to move, but they didn't budge... guess all of the pink hair dye they used on the tips of their hair might have been affecting their hearing. 

"Excuse me?" I said again, nervously brushing down my dotted skirt.

"Yeah?" One of them asked, chewing on her bubblegum.

"I need to get to my locker." I said.

They rolled their eyes and walked away, mumbling, "Bitch," under their breath. 

"Ignore them!" I heard a voice shout... one that seemed all too familiar. But when I looked around, no one was there. 

Probably my mind playing tricks on me. 

I shoved a book into my bare locker. I'd taken down all of the photos in there to stare at over the holidays. I promised myself I would put everything up sooner or later. 

I threw every single one of my books in my locker and stuffed my bag in the bottom shelf, wanting to get to Glee club as soon as possible, wanting to sing my lungs out with them after a long summer. 

I suddenly felt and saw a pair of hands go over my eyes, banishing my sight almost immediatley. "Who's that?" I asked, keeping my hands on my books as I was about to throw them in my locker. The person stayed silent, their hands moving slightly on my face. "Who is it?" I asked with a smile, dropping my book on the ground and touching the arms of the person. They wore a long sleeved top, giving me no idea who it was. 

"Guess," The voice said in a weird accent, sounding a lot like Sam with his weird impressions.... but why would Sam be surprising me? 

"Sam?" I guessed.

The person behind me laughed, sounding familiar, but my tired brain couldn't piece it together. "Nope!" He whispered, and the voice became clearer to me, but it still confused me. 

"J-" I cut myself off, knowing it wouldn't Jake; he'd see Angie first of course. I stood still for a moment, going over my thoughts, before I felt light kissing on my neck; kisses that sent tingles down my spine at the lightest touch. 

Only one person in this world would do that to me.