Chapter 22 - I Can Hear The Bells

I remember how I felt after Ryder first kissed me - I had so many feelings, but none of them were really identifiable. But one stuck out the most: love. 

I know it may have been a bit early to be in love, but I felt worthy when I first got kissed by Ryder. I honestly felt happy with myself, like someone actually liked me. 

And then there was the aftermath of feeling where Ryder was the guy I was going to get married to... who knew how right I was going to be? Back then, I honestly didn't think Ryder and I were going to be together for this long. 

After Ryder and I had gotten together, the song I Can Hear The Bells From Hairspray was like the story of my life.

I honestly kept on having those weird dreams about Ryder and I getting married, and me walking down the aisle to greet Ryder at the alter. I didn't think it was normal, because I have never been kissed before, but they were some pretty good thoughts.

"Okay, we're done for today." Finn smiled, clapping his hands and walking out of the auditorium quickly, picking up his papers and linking his hand with Rachel's and whispering too her too loudly about what they were going to do tonight. Everyone shrugged it off and slowly migrated out of the room, but Ryder and I stayed. 

"Good job, babe." I whispered, hugging him and giving him a light kiss on the lips.

"Get a room!" Angie called from the doorway at the top of the steps.

"Later!" Ryder shouted, shooing her out.

"We're going to go find a room!" Jake called out, pulling Angie out of the room by her sleeve.

"Now," Ryder whispered, tucking some of my hair behind my ear, "we're alone." 

I smiled as he pressed his forehead against mine, his hair tickling my skin. "I want to sing to you." I linked my hands into Ryder's and swayed them from side to side.

Ryder smiled back and kissed my lips. It was only a chaste kiss but it still made my heart skip a beat. "Okay." Ryder nodded, digging his hands in his jean pockets.

"So," I began, walking backwards, nearly tripping over a fry pan that had been disregarded on the floor from the scene we had rehearsed before. "After our second kiss, which happened over there-" I pointed to the spot where he had told me I sounded amazing and looked amazing and watched my finger shake at the memory "-I found a song that played out my life. It's not one hundred percent accurate, but it's still a great song." I laughed, watching the band members leave the room. "Band dudes!" I yelled. They all slowly turned and faced me with fed up faces. "One more song, please?" They gave in to my smile, sitting behind their instruments. The band began to play the instruments softly and I pointed at Ryder/

Marley:

I can hear the bells, well don't you hear 'em chime?

Ryder sighed and shook his head with a large smile drawn across his face. "Should have known." 

Can't you feel my heart-beat keeping perfect time?

And all because he...

Touched me,

He looked at me and stared yes he...

Bumped me,

My heart was unprepared when he...

Tapped me,

And knocked me off my feet, one little touch now my life's complete 'cause when he...

Nudged me,

Love put me in a fix yes it...

Hit me,