Chapter 7 - Tell Him

"We have our yearly tradition of performing at the school pep rally!" Mr. Schue smiled, writing 'pep rally' on the board in big letters.

"Every year." Kitty smiled, waving her hand and shaking her ponytail.

"We need to discuss song ideas." Mr. Schue clapped his hands together as ideas began shooting out of everyone's mouths like bullets.

"Tay-Tay!" Ryder smiled, sitting up straighter and sticking his hand up in the air.

"Yeah!!" I agreed, laughing at Ryder and raising my hand with him.

"Anastacia! Again!" Angie shouted, standing up briefly before sitting back down. 

"Again?" Kitty asked, turning to face her.

"I think we should pay tribute to her again because they found her cancer again and she's probably going through a tough time, but she's going to be okay." Angie said quietly, looking at her legs. Kitty shrugged and mumbling something about it being too mainstream to herself.

"Good Charlotte!" Jake smiled, taking his arm from around the back of Angie's seat and raising it in the air.

"How dare you protest against me?" Angie shouted, pushing her boyfriend's head.

"Yeah, Jake." Ryder laughed, turning to face him.

Jake laughed and shook his head. "Good Charlotte are awesome, and they make some pretty uplifting songs, so..." 

Finn nodded at Mr. Schue. "We'll think about it." Mr. Schue turned around and faced the board.

"We're totally doing Tay-Tay!" Ryder whispered in my ear. I nodded and kissed his cheek, holding his face with my fingers.

Mr. Schue rubbed the board clean and wrote another passage on the board: True Feelings. "What?" I whispered, looking over at Ryder. Ryder shrugged and gave me the same confused look I was giving him.

"As an extra assignment this week, I want you to sing about your true feelings." Mr. Schue smiled, clapping his hands together. "You could be madly in love, or unrequited love. Or you might be a single pringle and want to sing about it." I laughed, along with Ryder and leaned against his shoulder.  "Or you could not want to sing about love of yours at all. You could be sad about something or insanely happy. This can be a solo, group, or duet assignment." Mr. Schue picked up some sheet music that was splayed on the piano. "Finn and I will go through our options for the pep rally while you all discuss or go home." 

"Totally feeling this assignment!" Angie laughed, leaning down in between Ryder and I. "You know that song with Barbra and the other woman?"

"Try being more specific." I laughed. She shook her head with an eye roll and came to sit down next to me on my other side.

"Tell Him by Barbra Streisand and Celine Dion. I mean, I've always wanted to sing that to Jake and you know, you could always sing it to Ryder, because you're crazy in love with him." She shrugged with a smile and looked down, letting her hair cover her face.

"Do you have a thing about singing songs called Tell Him with me?" I asked, squinting at her, and remembering when we had sung Tell Him last year for Angie's audition. 

"Now that that I think about it, yeah!" Angie smiled brightly at me. "It's stupid to be honest, but I really want to sing this song to my boyfriend and I honestly think that it'd work best as a duet and you know how good our voices are together." Angie poked my upper-arm repeatedly, pouting at me.

"Awesome. Great idea." I smiled. I looked back over to Ryder, to find he had dissappeared. He was sitting in Angie's seat, doing some weird handshake thing with Jake.