Chapter 46 - Skyscraper

I hadn’t really been that passionate about Regionals- I didn’t care about it... much less, did I listen or pay attention. For my sake, Mr. Schue toned down the dancing because every time I tried, I would fall. I blamed it on sleep deprivation, but I knew what was really wrong with me... not like I’d tell anyone.

I hadn’t eaten much in the past week or two- maybe a biscuit or two. And those ones I hadn’t thrown up. I guess I should have been proud of that... but I wasn’t. It’s like I couldn’t feel anything but sadness anymore.

I was also not that happy about the Regionals dresses- they were straight and black and tighter than they had ever been... just when I was getting self-conscious. I also found it hard to dance in the dress, as my legs kept on rubbing up against each other and I kept on tripping.

Regionals were being held at Dalton Academy- and when we arrived, all of the Dalton boys were standing out of the front of the school, waiting for the other Glee clubs.

Once we reached there, a boy that looked familiar stepped forward and stopped us in our tracks. “Ah, New Directions, how lovely.” The boy said with a smirk, putting his hands in his pockets. “Go away, Hunter,” Blaine, who came down with Kurt and Santana, said. “Oh, Blaine.” He smiled, clapping his hands together.

“I don’t care who you are,” Santana began, walking forward. “Just move your tiny, little gay butt so I and my Glee-rs, can gets through.” She smirked, tossing his to the side and storming into the building.

“I like Santana.” Angie whispered to me, staring as she stormed through the halls. “Yeah.” I agreed, nodding my head. “She’s cool.” I whispered.

Santana suddenly stopped walking and turned around to face the group. “Finn, I don’t know where to go.” She murmured, walking over to me and putting her arm around my shoulder. “Hey, Marley,” She said with a small smile. “Hey, Santana,” I whispered, everyone filing into the nearest green room.

“What’s going on? You’re different.” Santana snapped, tugging me over to the other side of the corridor. “What do you mean?” I asked quietly. “You’re cold. Last time I saw you, you were warm to everyone and being so kind... and now you’re mean. And you’re hair is different... and you’re not- you’re not hanging out with Ryder and I think that’s the problem.”

“We broke up.” I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest. “We’re done... and I hate it.” I looked at the ground and tried to stop myself from crying at the thought of Ryder and I. I thought of Ryder every night before I went to bed every night... and, yes, I always cried myself to sleep.

“Aw, Marley,” Santana whispered, pulling me into a hug. I quickly returned it and pulled back. Santana gave me a small smile and shrugged. “I know how it feels to lose the love of your life.” She whispered. “Can I- can I go into the green room and stop talking about this please?” I whispered, waving to the door. Santana nodded slowly and walked into the room quickly. I was going to follow her, but I decided to stay there, leaning against the wall and looking at the white ceiling.

I didn’t want to think about Ryder any more, but I couldn’t stop myself. It’s like I was programmed into thinking about him. I had to think about him and I could never stop myself.

***

After a couple of hours of mindlessly discussing our performance and practicing a couple of times, it was time for us to perform.

We all shuffled to the stage- we were first- and stood behind the wings, watching as the announcer began discussing how talented everyone who was performing was. I blushed to myself briefly and shook my head, looking over at Angie, who was murmuring things to herself and playing the air-piano.