Chapter 10 - The Anthem

Struggling with my body issues wasn't really something big last year - I was guessing it was because I was more focused on Ryder and him being so far away from me. But lately, it seemed to stick out to me more than ever.

But then Ryder would come around and use his charming ways to make me feel great about myself again. 

That's why I was crazy for him. 

The term love has been used lightly a lot nowdays - no one really knows what true love is until they are in love... which I am. 

Ryder sat in my room with me as I stood in front of the mirror, having another one of my moments. "Marls." He sighed, standing up and wrapping his arms around my waist. "You're beautiful to me, okay?" He whispered into my ear, kissing my neck lightly. 

I smiled and touched his hands lightly, trailing my fingers up and down them, smiling to myself. He made me so damn happy. Ryder's lips left my neck before they came to my ear and he bit down on my earlobe. I moaned and leaned my head back on his shoulder, kissing his cheek lightly. 

From the next room, I heard loud laughing and Angie yelling at Jake, who was yelling playfully back at her about how hot some celebrities were. "Shut it!" I shouted. "Some people are trying to share a heartfelt moment with their amazing boyfriend!"

The noise disappeared within a couple of seconds and Ryder laughed, kissing my cheek. "We are, too!" Jake shouted back with a laugh. 

"I doubt it." Ryder laughed before picking me up and throwing me onto the bed lightly, crawling over the top of me. 

I smiled and sat up on my elbows, making our lips meet softly. Ryder smiled as we pulled away, tucking my hair behind my ear and kissing my cheek lightly. 

I held onto his cheek and ran my hand through his soft hair. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I said. Ryder's smile faded quickly before he leaned down and kissed me again. I smiled, making him smile, so we just shared one smiley kiss. 

He bit my lip and pulled away slightly. As he let go of my lip, I placed my hands around his neck, running my fingers through his hair. 

"You are seriously the cutest thing in the world." Ryder smiled. I blushed and avoided his gaze, looking to the door of my room. 

He kissed my cheek and pulled away with a laugh. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, you know that, right?" Ryder whispered.

I looked back at him. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Ryd."

"No, you're the best thing that's happened to me," Ryder argued with a smile.

"You're the best thing that's ever been mine," I sung before there was a knock on our door. 

The door opened, revealing Angie standing there with her hair a mess and her skirt on backwards. My first guess that her and Jake were making out, or they were wrestling. "Shut it!" She shouted before closing the door again.

"Never!" I shouted back. Ryder laughed and shook his head before falling next to me on the small bed.

"It seems you have a sister."

"I guess, yeah." I ran my hand up and down his chest. 

"What do you think about the song for the pep-rally thing?" Ryder asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, but it's not Tay-Tay!" I shouted playfully.

"Yeah," Ryder sighed, pulling me closer to him. "Why does Jake get his choice?"