Chapter 51 - Apologises

I didn’t really know what I had said. What did I say? I said yes, right? Was that a bad idea? I don’t even know.

“Really?” Ryder whispered, his eyes wide, tears of happiness shining in them. I nodded and felt a smile come onto my face- this was the right idea. “Yes!” I laughed, nodding my head again and hanging my head back, my heart beating faster than it had.

“Oh-oh, my God.” Ryder whispered with a large smile, taking the ring out shakily. His hand was shaking heavily as he took my left one and slid the ring on, still taking deep breaths.

I took my hand in my other and stared at the ring, securing it on my finger. It was silver, like the promise ring, except it had five red jewels- that looked incredibly real, and I wouldn’t doubt if they were real- all lined up.

“Thank you.” I whispered, looking at him as he stood up, a large smile on his face. “I love you.” I said, leaping forward and pulling him into a hug, beginning to cry... tears of happiness.

“I love you, too.” Ryder whispered, hugging me back and pressing his face into my hair, squeezing me tighter than I had imagined he ever would. “I am so sorry, Marls. I missed you like Cookie Monster misses cookies!” He mumbled, kissing my cheek and pulling away from me with a smile larger than life.

“I’ve missed you.” I said, looking between his lips and his eyes. I quickly leaned forward and kissed him, holding onto his face like he would to me.

“I’m so sorry, Marls. This... I-I made a mistake and it’s the worst mistake I have ever made... are you sure you’re ready to forgive me?” Ryder whispered, his forehead against mine. I nodded and smiled, pecking his lips one more time. “I went for so long trying to stay angry... but I can’t.” I shook my head and leaned it against his chest, hoping that it wasn’t a bad idea... what if he cheated on me again?

As if he read my thoughts, Ryder said, “I’ll never cheat on you again. You mean far too much to me.”I found myself believing his words and I nodded to myself, pulling my hand away from his neck and staring at the ring.

“I’m enaged.” I muttered. “I’m getting married... to you. We’re getting married!” I shouted with a smile, the thought finally processing in my head. I laughed, tears rolling down my face and I pulled Ryder in for another hug.

“I love you. I love you.” I repeated in his ear, kissing his neck lightly. “I truly mean it, Marley. I’m never going to lose you again. You’re... everything to me. And that was literally the stupidest thing I’ve done. And I’m just really, really happy you decided to forgive me... much less, marry me.” Ryder chuckled and shrugged, kissing my nose. The tears were still falling from his face. I smiled and rested my head against his chest, feeling his heart beat faster.

I closed my eyes and took in a couple of deep breaths. This is real. Ryder is sorry. He truly is. And you’ve accepted... you’re getting married. Marley Lynn. The thoughts were speeding through my mind faster than... what could I compare it to? They were going a million miles a minute.

“When are we going to tell the rest of the club?” Ryder asked quietly. “Tomorrow? Before someone opens the box? Because I think Angie will be the first onto it.” I shrugged; looking up at Ryder’s happy face- I missed seeing him happy.

“Yeah.” Ryder smiled, kissing my forehead. “You know, Angie told me that I had to work for you back... and I thought this’d be a good way. And then I asked Finn to help me find the ring. And then he gave me this giant talk about being married and whatever, but I somehow knew that you’d say yes... even though I thought you were going to say no. I-“ I leaned forward and kissed him, cutting him off.