Chapter 5 - Sexy Single

"One more place," Finn began, leading us into the cafeteria the next day. "We must perform here!" He told us, putting his hands on his hips. 

"Pretend you're playing Singstar and it's on shuffle." Finn smiled, turning back to us. "Now, I'm gonna choose one of you to choose a song and we will sing it. Right here, right now." Finn smiled. He paused for a while before shouting. "Marley! Song!" 

"Um, I-I- er," I stuttered, looking over at Ryder, who was smirking, and to Jake who was mouthing something to me. I raised my eyebrows at him and he continued mouthing stuff to me.

"Come on, hurry up." Finn said, waving his hands around impatiently. 

"Sexy Single by Anastacia." I blurted out, staring over at Ryder.

"You're sexy, but you are not single." Ryder whispered into my ear, kissing my cheek lightly.

"I know all of the words to this song!" Angie smiled, clapping her hands together excitedly and punching my arm.

"Okay, band dudes, set up over... there." Finn told the band members, pointing to a spot in the cafeteria, right in front of where Mom worked. "Marley, Angie, Jake. I choose you three to sing a verse of this song each." Finn smirked, pointing his finger at everyone. 

He pointed to the table in the centre of the room and forced us all to go over there. Ryder picked me up and pulled me over his shoulder, taking me to the table and setting me on the table top. I leaned down and kissed him lightly, pulling him up onto the table, people beginning to stare. 

"Oh, god, they're going to sing," Someone said, before lots of groaning and complaining was heard. I laughed and kissed Ryder's cheek softly, pointing at the band and they began playing one of my favourite songs... I blamed Angie for forcing me to listen to it.

Marley:
All my life I've tried to find 

A love to give me piece of mind 
And I, I looked into your eyes 
Captivated by your wicked smile 
I was mesmerized there 
For a while or two 
But what's a girl gonna do? 

I walked to the other side of Ryder and walked along the table backwards, holding onto his hand. Ryder brought his mouth to my ear. "Come over tonight, sexy non-single woman." He laughed before we all began singing. 

All:
Oh I lay in my bed 

With your stupid face in my head 
Just another piece in my life 
Now I'm a sexy single 
Sexy single that's OK 
I'm living on my own 
And I'm feeling the way I do 
Like a sexy single 
Sexy single 

Jake:
Birds of a feather 

We flock together 
Like leaves on a tree 
We were meant to be in love 
I guess it was just a dream 

I was barely paying any attention to what everyone else was doing; I couldn't keep my eyes off of Ryder and his beautiful brown eyes and his adorable smile. 

All:
Oh I lay in my bed 

With your stupid face in my head 
Just another piece in my life 
Sexy single 
Sexy single that's OK 
I'm living on my own in my special way 
Like a sexy single 
Sexy single 
I'm sexy single 
Sexy single 
Sexy single 

Angie:
I said I'm living on my own 

And feeling the way I do 
When I'm not with you 

Marley and Angie with New Directions:
I said I'm sexy single 

That's OK 
Living on my own 
And feeling the way I do 
I said when I'm not with you 

All:
Sexy single that's OK 

I'm living on my own in my special way 
Like a sexy single