Chapter 4 - Good Time

"We should sing in the library and be badasses and be disruptive!" Ryder suggested to Jake, Angie, Kitty, Travis and I as we sat in the cafeteria after our failed performance in the courtyard.

"I think you've had too much sugar." I told him, patting his head lightly.

"No, yes, well, it's a good idea!" Ryder shouted.

"You're meant to be quiet in a library." Angie mumbled, picking at her food.

"Didn't stop us last year, Angie." Kitty said, reaching over Jake and poking the leather should of Angie's dress.

"Didn't stop me from shouting No, Finnick, don't die! at the top of my lungs at the end of last year." Jake said. "That left the Hunger Games fan club disappointed." 

I laughed and looked back at the large plate of food underneath me. It didn't make me feel too sick to eat all of that now. "But still, it's a good idea, right?" Ryder said, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"I have to agree with you, Ryder," Travis said with a nod, "good idea." 

"See, it is?" Ryder said, moving his fist slightly.

"Fine." Kitty smirked, sticking her tongue out at him. Angie and Jake made some mumbling noises before kissing, causing Ryder to look over at me with a confused look.

"They have their own language, I believe." I whispered before he kissed me.

"Wanky!" Kitty shouted, clapping her hands above her head.

"You're wanky," Jake told her, glimpsing over at her, his arm still wrapped around Angie like Ryder's arm was wrapped around me.

"PDA, Jakie Cakes. What's someone going to say when they see two couples lip locking at the same time?" Kitty snapped. "Oh, look, there are two couples - who are terrible for each other, might I add - kissing in public at a lunch table where people are trying to eat their lunch but they can't focus on their food and are only focusing on the slobber." Kitty smirked, rolling her eyes before looking down. 

"Bitch." Ryder whispered. I laughed and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Now." Ryder said with a mouth full of food, dropping his fork on his plate. "We need a song; preferably by Owl City since I'm going on an Owl City downloading spree. I suggest Vanilla Twilight." Ryder swallowed the food in his mouth and smiled at the group. 

"Um, that weird song about the bugs and sleeping?" Angie murmured.

"That song is weird." Jake said, looking over at Angie. She agreed and nodded her head.

"Too slow and Vanilla Twilight is, too." Kitty said, pointing at Ryder. 

"The one with Call Me Maybe chick!" Travis said with a shrug.

"Don't you guys know the names of these songs? Good Time spent a while at number one, you know?" Ryder pointed over at Travis and frowned.

"What other ones are there?" I asked, sitting up and leaning my chin on his shoulder.

"Um, there is..." He began saying a bunch of words really quickly, making so sense to anyone as we all watched him in silence. "...and there's the Owl City cover of Enchanted." 

"Um," I said, holding onto his shoulder, "we understood none of that, so we're going to leave this up to someone else, okay?" I laughed, rubbing his shoulder lightly. Ryder rolled his eyes and looked down at his food again.

***

I sat in the library by myself, reading The Hunger Games - I was not exactly sure how many times I've read this, but every time, it got better.