Chapter 71 - Interventions... with Quinn Fabray

Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong.

It was around 9pm when the doorbell began ringing and someone began knocking furiously at the door. “You get it! I’m on the phone!” Angie shouted from her room.

I sighed heavily and sat up, walking out of my room and to the door, where whoever was outside was still ringing the doorbell and knocking violently.

“I’m coming.” I shouted, opening the door to find Kitty and an enraged Quinn standing at my doorstep. “You!” Quinn screamed, pointing straight at me like I’d just stolen her boyfriend from her or something.

“Um, me?” I said quietly, raising my eyebrows at her. Kitty, following her leader, slammed the door open as Quinn stormed inside, looking incredibly angry. Kitty followed Quinn in the house and stopped in the kitchen.

“Is everything okay?” I asked, following them and standing beside the grey kitchen bench. “No!” Quinn shouted, her eyebrows furrowed and her lips pursed. “What’s wrong?” I asked quietly. “You’re getting married?!”

Oh. That’s what this was about... she was unhappy about me getting married.

“Yes.” I replied, taking a deep breath and tucking my hair behind my ears... the decision about getting married was still pending. “Why? Why? Did you learn nothing from Finn and Rachel?” She said, shaking her blonde hair everywhere.

Kitty nodded and shook her head, a tiny smirk on her face. “What’s going on?” Angie shouted from the hall, running into the kitchen, holding her phone in her hands. “Just a bit of a Quinn Fabray problem...” I said quietly, looking over at Angie with wide eyes. “Oh! This is not a me problem. This is a you problem! You are insane!” Quinn shouted again, pointing at me. “What’s so wrong about me?” I shouted, throwing my hands up in exhaustion.

“You’re getting married?! At your age?! And after the Finn and Rachel thing, I doubt anyone would want to!” Quinn shouted. “I don’t support this what so ever!”

“Do you have to support this? It’s my decision!” I shouted back, slamming my hand on my table. “Marley, do you know how serious marriage is?” Quinn screamed, stamping her foot on the ground and crossing her arms. “I know! And I love Ryder! I want to be with him!”

“I watched Finn and Rachel’s relationship unravel badly! I watched them break-up at the train! And that was heart-breaking!” Quinn shouted, shaking her head. “I-“ Angie tried to cut in, but Quinn just continued to yell at me.

“You’re being strange! Really, really weird; marrying at such a young age is bad! Have you ever heard a story of a successfully married couple who married at your age?” Quinn said, taking a step back and huffing.

“I’m sorry that I can’t please you, Quinn.” I whispered, shaking my head. “I want to marry Ryder. I love him more than anything... and I don’t want to wait.”

Quinn opened her mouth and shook her head. “I’m just- I’m just angry. I don’t want you to be crying when you get divorced... I don’t want you crying to me.” I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “Do you really think I’m going to come to you after you barged into my home and yelled at me about my decisions?”

“You’re Marley Rose. You’ll run to anyone.” Quinn snapped. “What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, taking a step forward. “It means-“ Quinn began, but Kitty began shouting. “You know what, Marley? I was happy for you at first but Quinn helped me see the light! This isn’t right, Marley.” Kitty obviously lied, shaking her head.

I bit my lip and stared at Quinn, my hands on my hips and my eyes narrowed. “I don’t think this will end well.” Angie mumbled from the doorway. I couldn’t take my eyes away from Quinn though... she was being such a bitch (as much as I hate to say it.)

“Marley, do you understand what’s going on? You’re about to make a tie to Ryder.” Quinn said. “I know.” I said, trying to make it sound strong, but it came out sounding weak.

I sighed and pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket while Quinn began giving me another lecture. I dialled Santana’s number- as she’s one of the only people I can talk to without getting yelled at about this.

“Ex-Head-Bitch-in-charge speaking.” Santana answered the phone with, a clear smile in her voice. “Woah. Woah. Woah. Who’s yelling back there?” She asked loudly, hearing Quinn’s rage-y voice in the background.

“Hi, Santana.” I said quietly. “Marley? What are you doing with Quinn in your house yelling at you?” She asked. I shook my head and looked up at Quinn, watching her move her hands around the place like a crazy person. “She-she’s telling me that getting married is a bad idea... and I just want some advice about me getting married...”

“You’re letting Quinn decide what your heart wants?” Santana snapped. I frowned and felt the tears gather in my eyes out of utter confusion. “What? What do you mean?” I asked in a whisper, brushing my hair from my face. “Follow your heart, Marley. Don’t let what other people do influence you.” Santana said, sounding like one of those crappy fortune tellers who charge one dollar a reading.

“I don’t know what my heart wants anymore, though.” I said, leaning against the bench and trying to keep my gaze from Quinn. “Everyone’s telling me so many different things and I’m getting confused.” I wiped up the tears from my face and stared at the wall in front of me.

Santana sighed. “You just don’t know what your head wants. Figure that out first.”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked, but before she could respond, her phone was snatched from her and I heard Rachel’s voice through the phone.

“Hi, Marley,” She said in that sad tone of hers. “Hey, Rachel.” I said slowly, playing with my hair. “Listen, I’m just going to get this out.”

“Get what out?” I asked, biting on my nail now. “Ryder’s not right for you. He’s holding you back.” She said quickly, almost as if she was afraid of saying it. “What?” I shouted, making Quinn got silent almost immediately.

“You saw how he acted when we were at NYADA. You know what he’s like. He’s holding you back from reaching your potential.” Rachel said slowly, taking a deep sigh like she was tired of explaining. “I’m sorry to say it, but you need to break up with him. “

"No." I snapped. "I don't care about my potential. If Ryder's not there, I'm nothing." 

"But, Marley, don't you care about your career? Your future?" Rachel asked exasperatedly. "No!" I shouted. "Ryder and I are going to be together! Neither of us are letting our future get in the way of us." I wiped my forehead and took a deep breath. "Rachel, you should know how I feel; you were like this with Finn." 

Rachel gasped and coughed. "She pulled the Finn card." Rachel whispered to Santana, I believe. "She has a right to. I mean, you are telling her to stop doing the thing you were going to do, Rach," Santana chuckled in the background. "I'm just trying to prevent it from happening to her."

"Why would that happened to us, though?" I shouted at Rachel, my hands shaking. "We love each other! And I am not as self obsessed as you are! I care more about Ryder than you'll ever imagine!" 

"Marley, calm down." Rachel said slowly. "Calm down?! You're asking me to break up with my fiance and you expect me to calm down?!" 

Before she could respond, I pulled the phone from my ear and hung up, tossing my phone on the table. “None of you know what it’s like between us!” I shouted, pointing at Quinn. “You don’t know how much we love each other! You don’t know what it’s like! You don’t know about every single thing we do with each other!”

The room stayed silent as I looked around. “I’m getting married to him, whether you all like it all not.” I said, storming into the corridor and to my room, collapsing on the bed.

I guess that I knew what my heart wanted now; to get married to Ryder, whether everyone or no one agreed.

That’s true love, right?