⦃30⦄

Jongho woke up in the middle of the night.

It was very dark and he tried tapping around to hug Yeosang, but he wasn't there. Jongho slowly opened his eyes and sat up, furrowing his eyebrows as he saw the place next to him being empty.

They haven't been going to work for about 2 days now, and Jongho really couldn't care less. Yeosang is with him all the time and that's all it mattered. 

He knew Yeosang fell asleep next to him, but he wasn't there now. Jongho slowly got up, walked down the stairs and seeing the lights turned off in the living room and kitchen.

Where is Yeosang? Jongho looked around as he didn't see anything, and he slowly felt panic starting to get to him. 

Until he heard a small faint sob coming from the kitchen. Jongho rushed in and saw Yeosang sitting on the counter with a cup of vanilla ice cream in his hand as he scooped it with a spoon and ate. 

He wore his, more likely Jongho's pajamas and just sat there alone in silence. Jongho wondered why is he alone after all. 

He seemed to cry a little and Jongho felt his heart break. He has been crying for a few days now, and it seems like he couldn't calm down. It was probably the best way for him to cope with emotions. 

"What are you doing?" Jongho asked with a smile as he came to him. 

Yeosang looked up to him as he placed a spoon in his mouth again, showing the cup of ice cream to Jongho. 

"Eating ice cream.." Yeosang answered back as he shrugged lightly.

Jongho looked at him, seeing dried tears on his cheeks as he just looked down. He sighed as he stood in front of Yeosang.

"What's wrong? You know you could just tell me anything." Jongho said. 

Yeosang looked up to half eaten cup of ice cream, shaking his head as Jongho stared at him.

"I just..I don't know. I feel overwhelmed now.." Yeosang mumbled. 

Jongho pursued his lips and sighed, placing his hand on Yeosang's. He felt butterflies in his stomach.

"You know you can always talk to me, right? I will always be here for you." Jongho explained. 

Yeosang looked down to his lap and nodded, making Jongho smile. He knows how hard it is for him now. 

"I don't really know how to explain it. I feel so many things now, but I really am happy. I feel bad for not saying anything to Wooyoung too." Yeosang sighed. 

Jongho hummed. "I know, but I'm sure Wooyoung is not mad. You know how much he cares about you." 

Yeosang nodded, but he knew that Jongho is right. Wooyoung isn't mad, and he looked upset because of Yeosang's reaction last time he saw him. He knew he needed to apologize.

"Yeah, I know. You know how much he means to me, and I don't really know what to do now.." 

Jongho shook his head. "You know what do you need to do now?"

Yeosang looked up to him, blinking a bit as Jongho smiled and waited for him to continue. He missed Jongho so much, and that though just randomly went through his mind.

"You need to rest now. Your mind is overwhelmed by everything, and you are tired. It's also very late, but we can always talk about this in the morning. Okay?" 

Yeosang looked a bit at him, taking in what he said and humming. Jongho took the cup of ice cream and spoon out of his hands, placing them on the counter and hugging Yeosang. 

"Let's go back to sleep, okay love?" Jongho mumbled.

Yeosang nodded as he hugged him back, wrapping his arms around his shoulders and smiling.

Jongho soon parted away and took the box back to the freezer as Yeosang watched him, but before he could even react, Jongho took him by the back of his thighs and carried him back to the room. 

Yeosang yelped as he held onto Jongho not to fall, clinging onto him as he giggled. 

"Jongho, at least warn me before you do it!" He pouted. 

Jongho giggled as kissed his cheek and put him down on the bed. 

"Sorry lovely." Jongho apologized. 

Yeah, everything is perfect now. 

► ► ► ► ►

"Are you sure you are ready to go back? I can always give you time off if you need it." Jongho mumbled as he held Yeosang's hand. 

Yeosang decided to go back to work, but Jongho was more nervous than he was. He knew how stressed Yeosang was and how much he needed to take things slowly. 

They had a meeting with San and Wooyoung, and Jongho could literally sense the nervousness coming off from Yeosang. He understands why, after all, he needs to talk to Wooyoung. 

"I'm sure. After all, I can't really just sit at home and do nothing." Yeosang assured him. 

Jongho hummed, kissing his cheek and nodding his head. Yeosang squeezed his hand and sighed a bit to calm down. 

The door opened soon, and San and Wooyoung were there. Yeosang just had to lock eyes with Wooyoung just as he came inside of the meeting room. 

"Hey Yeosang, how are you-" San started to speak as he saw Yeosang. 

"I'm fine, but can Wooyoung and I please talk before the meeting?" Yeosang cut him off. 

Wooyoung looked taken back, immediately perking up at that and looking somehow relieved as he saw his best friend.  

San and Wooyoung shared a look, and before anyone could even say anything, Wooyoung just took his hand and led him out of the room. 

The door was closed as two best friends got out and left Jongho and San there. Wooyoung took his hand and rubbed his wrist lightly, sighing a bit. 

They just stayed silent for a bit as Wooyoung stayed silent just like Yeosang who knew how he was feeling. He wanted to say so many things, but he needed to find a way how to. 

He hated this tension between them. They were best friends and literal soulmates, and yet this? Yeosang was ready to apologize and accept the apology. 

"Yeosang-"

"I'm so sorry Woo. I know everything now, and I really don't know how to explain it. I feel so bad and I don't know how to apologize." Yeosang spoke up. 

Wooyoung looked at him and listened to him speak, slowly smiling afterwards. He knew he isn't going to be upset. 

"Yeosang, it's okay. Both of us made mistakes and I know what I did was wrong, but you know I did that only to protect you and nothing else." Wooyoung answered as he rubbed Yeosang's hand. 

He truly is a best friend. Yeosang knows he is not going to hurt him. 

"You know I didn't mean to do any of those things. I really just wanted to protect you and nothing else." Wooyoung spoke. 

Yeosang smiled. "I get it. I would do the same if something like that happened, so I understand why you did that."

Wooyoung smiled back and he pulled him closer, hugging his best friend after almost 2 weeks and not wanting to let go. He missed Yeosang so much. 

"I missed you, Woo." Yeosang admitted.

Wooyoung smiled as he rubbed his back. "I missed you too."

Finally, everything is going to be okay. Yeosang is sure of it now.