9. Dealing with The Problem

Remus Lupin

Thursday, 2nd September 1971.

Hogwarts

"Rise and shine!", James yelled.

Remus could barely open his eyes, still exhausted from yesterday's events and due to the full moon getting nearer by the second. Not even bothering to respond, he tucked himself further into the duvet, draping it over his head.

"James, its 6 in the morning...", he heard Peter complain.

"You, personally, told me to never let you sleep in again Pete, so wake up! We have a lot of things to do today.", you could literally hear the smile in his voice. It made Remus feeling sick at the thought of someone being so energetic and positive this early.

There was the sound of curtains being pulled open, presumably from Peter's bed and by force. You could hear the little boy complaining as he closed the bathroom door.

Unfortunately, James decided that Remus will be next, "Remus! Come on! It's a new day! We have to explore our new home! Dumbledore said yesterday there will be no classes."

The overly excited steps were inching closer and closer to his little paradise of warmth. There was, again, the horrifying sound of the curtains being forced open before Remus felt James yanking away his duvet. This resulted in him being brutally attacked by morning rays of sunshine.

Trying to hide from the overly bright light, he turned around burying his head back into the duvet, "Leave me alone, you prick.", Remus barely managed to utter. Perhaps this was the first downside of having friends.

The boy just whined tugging again at the duvet, "Come on guys, this is our first breakfast at Hogwarts. We don't want to be late. Sirius! You as well!"

Finally feeling like he wasn't the target anymore, Remus pulled down the duvet realizing that the yelling boy was kind of right. This is their first day, plus there are no classes. His gaze followed James who neared Sirius' bed and, in the same fashion, yanked the curtains open revealing the curly haired boy.

"Come on, princess. We have work to do."

Sirius made an attempt similar to Remus', he turned around burying his head back to the pillows, "Ugh... if you weren't that stupid you would know that princess' need their beauty sleep.", the boy grunted.

This made all of them laugh except Sirius.

Remus watched the boy prop himself on elbows still with eyes closed. He had very nice hair. Remus wished that his hair looked like that the moment he wakes up. The black curls were effortlessly falling down his temples, framing Sirius' face. Suddenly, like he felt Remus watching, grey eyes locked with amber. Embarrassed, Remus immediately diverted his gaze, attempting to pretend that he was just looking around the room, but he could still feel the other boy watching him.

In the end, James managed to make all of them get up. They got ready and started the journey towards the Great Hall.

To Remus, this was still some kind of dream. He really was walking in the corridors of the Hogwarts castle, not only that, he was walking with his new friends. The fear that he was going to wake up from this beautiful dream never seemed to leave.

Once they passed the same knight armor for the third time, James stopped in his tracks, "Guys, I think we are lost".

Sirius rolled his eyes and with a playful tone bumped James' shoulder, "First you drag us out of bed at six in the morning when we don't even have classes to go to breakfast and now you don't even know how to get to breakfast?"