46. Small Model

Sirius Black

Monday, 25th December 1972.

Potter Manor

Like Sirius expected, he had an amazing time at the Potter Christmas party. He met a lot of James' relatives and finally had a normal conversation with Remus' folks. Just like William promised, him, Sturgis, Sophia and Michel all came to the party and joined the Marauders. The only downside was that the older Ravenclaws could all drink while the younger Gryffindors had to watch and dream.

Since he lost the race to Sirius, James did ask the old and wrinkly neighbor for a dance. Yes, the same one that used to be a Quidditch cheerleader. The rest of them snickered and made kissing faces for the whole duration of the dance.

The night was full of laughter and shenanigans. First Sirius and James raced again from the ballroom to the kitchen since James wanted a rematch. The first one to sit on the bar chair wins. They entered the kitchen at the same time, but Sirius slipped and fell to the floor, face down. James was laughing so hard that he joined Sirius on the floor since he fell off the bar chair.

Then Remus went to the hallway bathroom, but when he opened the door, he found William and Sophia all over each other. In all that shock he quickly closed the door and, while walking backwards, knocked down a vase. James told him how it was an old family vase that was passed through generations and then watched as Remus almost fainted from guilt. But then Mrs. Potter explained how she just saw the vase in some cheap shop and thought that it was cute. Remus glared at James while Mrs. Potter used a charm to repair the vase.

Peter was showing Sturgis and Michael his new set of Exploding Dominos, but he didn't know that Sirius put an enhancement charm on them just before the party. When Peter aligned the first two dominos, they exploded with such intensity that they left soot all over his face and hair.

Lastly, Mr. Potter took photos with Peter's camera of the four Marauders in front of the tree they decorated together. He took the same photo four times so that they all could have a copy.

Sirius, James, Remus and Peter were up until three in the morning. They were the last ones standing at the end of the party. Even William and his friends went back home, although they did get quite drunk so maybe that was the reason behind their tiredness.

Finally, at 03:12am, Mrs. Potter emerged from her room and into the living room to usher all of them to bed. They obliged since the tiredness started creeping up on them as well. Sirius went to bed that night feeling such happiness that it was indescribable. This was his first Christmas party that really felt like a party. He just felt so fulfilled.

Although, not the same could be said for the morning after the party.

"Rise and shine!", James' voice echoed through the small hallway the four of them shared.

Sirius heard the sound of the first door opening and the groaning sounds from Peter. Then another door opened, but this time, the groaning sounded more like Remus. And then, just like expected, his door bursted open.

Sirius was laying on his side, face buried in pillows with the duvet over his head. Just like at Hogwarts, James started his process of torturing with pulling the duvet away from Sirius and throwing it on the floor.

Sirius felt cold and miserable.

"Come on, sleeping beauty! We have important business to attend to!", James cheered with that sick, energetic and happy voice he used at seven in the morning. Sirius just wanted to throw him off the window.

Since Sirius didn't move, James moved to his next torture step. He got ahold of one of Sirius' pillows and threw it on the floor. James repeated this until Sirius was left with nothing but the mattress and sadness.