11. The First Prank

Peter Pettigrew

Friday, 3rd September 1971.

Hogwarts

"Okay, let's go over the plan again.", James said.

After Transfiguration and their discovery about the mice, the boys decided to skip lunch and retreat to the dorm. They came up with the perfect plan for acquiring the mice and Dittany.

Peter knew everything from the beginning to the end, but he still listened carefully to Remus as he explained the course of action.

"After the tryouts for the Gryffindor quidditch team that will start after the last class today, we will blend in with the crowd that is going back to the castle. The sun would have already start to set by that point so it will be kind of dark. Then Peter and Sirius will leave for the Greenhouses while you and me leave for the Transfiguration classroom.", he finished and gestured to James.

They were all looking at Peter expectantly, so he continued the plan, "Sirius and I will find a way into the Greenhouses, he will sneak in to grab Dittany while I will be keeping watch. We will only take a couple of leaves so that nobody can notice anything. Then we will meet you guys at dinner."

James seemed satisfied giving him a proud grin, "And while you two are on the Dittany mission, me and Remus will get the mice and bring them back to the dorm. Then we'll wait for you at dinner."

"Who says that the two of you will finish before us?", Sirius quirked an eyebrow at James, "Maybe we will wait for you at dinner."

But the boy with glasses seemed very sure of himself, "Oh, I doubt that."

Peter already sensed that the argument was going to continue leaving him to wait for the two to finish bickering, but thankfully Remus came to his rescue, "I still don't know how do you plan for us to sneak the mice back here without anyone noticing the cage we will be carrying."

The statement was directed at James, but just like with Sirius, he seemed very sure that it will be easy, "Don't worry, you'll see.", he smirked knowingly at all of them.

Peter had no idea what his friend was up to, but he knew that it will be good given James' pranks on his own parents whom the boy loved, let alone some rude Slytherin.

Truth be told, Peter couldn't wait for the prank, he knew it will be hilarious, but there was a bit of panic spreading through his chest. Snape's little gang wasn't so little. For the eleven year old boys, Mulciber and Avery sure as hell were big, thankfully Snape and Wilkes were not that lucky in the genetic department.

He knew the Slytherins will want to get them back eventually if they could even figure out that it was them. The thought of getting pranked wasn't really appealing to Peter, but, at the end of the day, he will stick with his friends. A couple of dungbombs were a small price to pay for a good laugh they will be getting. Besides, even if the Slytherins wanted to revenge themselves, he will suffer that revenge with James, Sirius and Remus.

Peter knew that he was the smallest out of the four of them, but he also knew that if the Slytherins decided to proceed with their revenge with physical strategy, James, Sirius and Remus will help him defend himself. The thought of the four of them sticking together was enough to help Peter focus on the next topic at hand.

The question all of them had in mind was brought to their attention by Sirius, "But how will we put the leaves into Snape's clothing?"

Peter knew that the curly haired boy was right. Their plan was flawless, except for the most important part.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there.", there wasn't even a slight change to James' confidence.

Sirius stood up from the floor in the center of their dorm, "Okay, but now I got to get to the owlery, so I'll see you guys later.", he left the dorm with a wave.