37. Happiness and Fury

Sirius Black

Saturday, 2nd September 1972.

Hogwarts

Sirius Black was on the Gryffindor quidditch team! Granted, he knew that he will make it, but he was still beyond happy. Right after he hexed James into oblivion for not mentioning the fact that practices will mostly be in the morning, Sirius hurried towards the library to tell the news to his little brother.

Once there, he immediately caught sight of dark curls near the arched window. Sirius hurried towards Regulus with a huge grin on his face.

"Reg! Guess what!", Sirius exclaimed in probably much louder voice than he should have for the library.

"Shh!", Madam Pince gave him an annoyed look.

"Sorry, sorry.", he whispered in her direction with his hands in the air, an apologetic smile overtaking his face. Sirius turned back to Regulus, but this time his eyes caught sight of another boy. He sat down next to Reg and gave the boy a questioning look, still smiling, "Hello?"

The blonde boy already carried a smile on his own while extending a hand for Sirius to shake, "Evan Rosier. Nice to finally meet you Sirius."

Due to Sirius' lack of concentration and focus, the two of them spent another five minutes discussing how they had never met before this. It was quite funny seeing as both of them knew of the other through stories.

Once again, Sirius turned to Regulus, "Anyway, Reg! Guess what!", now, instead of a half-yell, he whisper-yelled which Madam Pince seemed to tolerate.

Finally, Regulus lifted his gaze from the book he was reading, "I don't know. Some prank?", he whispered.

Sirius' grin only grew once the boy didn't guess correctly, "No, my little brother. I, Sirius Black, your favorite brother in this world—"

"My only brother.", Regulus stated with a quirked eyebrow and a soft smile while Evan let out a quiet laugh.

"Same thing.", Sirius waved him off, "Like I said, I...", he tried tapping on the desk in an attempt to imitate the drums, "Got into the Gryffindor quidditch team!"

"SHH!"

"Sorry, sorry.", another apologetic smile later, he turned back to Regulus again.

His little brother looked quite proud, which made Sirius feel very loved. A big grin, similar to his own, made its way slowly onto Regulus' face, "S! That's amazing! Great job!", he imitated Sirius' whisper-yells.

Evan congratulated him while stating that he also wanted to join the Slytherin team as a Beater next year. Sirius told them all about the tryouts and how amazing he and James were, although he did see a small change in Regulus' demeanor once he mentioned joining the team with James, but decided to ignore it.

The other Marauders were waiting for him underneath their tree to celebrate the great news, so, after about half an hour, Sirius decided to leave the two Slytherins to their books.

"I got to go, the lads are waiting for me outside.", he stood up from the chair and turned to Evan, "I'm glad we finally met, Evan. Maybe we can practice as Beaters next year?"

The blond boy nodded at this proposition and turned back to his book. Sirius placed a hand on Regulus' shoulder to get the boy's attention which seemed to leave him as soon as he mentioned going outside, "Hey, little one. Thank you for your support.", he grinned and got the bright smile he loved to see in return.

* * *

Saturday, 9th September 1972.

Hogwarts