chapter 6

taytum

it's been two days since i fell asleep at tobis. yesterday i took it easy because my back was really painful. i cleaned the house as much as i could and did some of my assignment.

today i have work though. it's been quiet most of the day just the odd groups coming in for a catch up or studying session.

it was just me on shift today, eilise said that she was gonna do her assignment and maybe meet up with harry.

i'm glad it's just me today because my back is still killing me and the slightest bit of contact makes me flinch. i also don't have the energy for conversations.

it's around 2pm when i hear my phone ringing. i look at the ID and see that tobi is calling me. i smile.

"hey tobes." i say putting the phone in between my ear and shoulder as i wipe down the coffee machine.

"hey tay how are you doing?" he asks, i can hear the boys in the background. they're very loud.
"i'm just working at the moment, we are quiet today though so it's not too bad."

"oh right, i haven't seen you since the other day i was wondering if you wanted to do something."

"uh." i stutter trying to think of a reply. i've always been good at hiding my pain infront of others but it's different with tobi. i feel as though he can see right through me.

"yeah that's a good idea, what are you doing right now?" i say hesitantly. i don't mind going out with tobi though. he always finds a way to relieve my stress. he brings me comfort.

"i'm currently filming a video but it's finishing soon so if you want i can call over in like 20 minutes and then wait for you."

"yeah that sounds good see you then." i smile to myself excited to see tobi. "see you then t."

just as tobi said 20minutes later he showed up at the cafe. "where's eilise today?" he asks when he notices i'm working by myself.

"we both have assignments but she decided to take today off to get it started." he nods understanding. "anddd i think she's going out with harry later."

he laughs. "i swear to god he doesn't stop talking about her."  i giggle. "that is so cute! i hope they get together."

"yeah, harry seems really happy when he talks about her."

"awww i wish i could meet someone who talked about me like that." my smile drops but only for a second.

"yeah." tobi breaths looking at me softly causing me to look at him strangely. "what?" i ask. he shakes his head. "nothing."

i then tell tobi to come take a seat behind the counter  while i work. we talk and laugh during my shift, it's then time to go.

"do you wanna spend the night at mine? it was fun last night." he asks as we walk out of the cafe after i lock up. i think about it especially after how my dad reacted.

"yeah sure, i'm gonna have to go get a bag and stuff though." i say nodding towards my car.

"yeah that's okay, meet you at mine in a bit?" i nod. "see you later." i shout hopping in my car.

i hope i dont regret this. i pull out of the parking area and then grab my phone soaking my dads number.

"hello?" his voice echos through the car. he's sober. he doesn't hit me or say things to me when he's sober. i haven't talked to him while he was sober in a while.

"hi dad." i whisper still intimidated by him. "i haven't talked to you in a while taytum it seems like your distancing yourself from me." i cringe. i wonder why i am. he doesn't remember anything about him abusing me. that also makes me feel too guilty to say anything to somone about it.

"uh yeah i have a lot of work, i'm just ringing to tell you i'm staying at a friends tonight, it's for uni." i say pulling up to the house.

"yeah that's okay you know you don't have to ask me." i stop the car and lay my head back on the seat closing my eyes.

yeah because you totally didn't whip me the other night cause i wasn't home.

"oh okay i have to go dad bye." i quickly says and hang up. a tear falls from my eye. why can't he be like this all the time?

i stay in the car for a couple minutes then decide to go into the house to pack a bag. i just threw a couple things in it like shorts, joggers, toothbrush etc. i decide to wear tobis hoodie he gave me the other night. i'll give it back to him.

once i've got that done i leave to go to tobis. s

i knock on his apartment door shivering from the cold. i then hear footsteps and the door opening.

"hey tay" he smiles about to engulf me in a hug when i slightly move away from it and give him a side hug. his eyebrows furrow but then decides to let it go when he notices me shivering. "here come on in, it's freezing out here."

i nod gratefully. "thankyou."

"i see your wearing my hoodie." he smirks at me. i roll my eyes. " i brung it back for you."

he laughs and shakes his head. "no you keep it, it looks better on you anyways." he winks causing me to blush and push him. "shush."

i secretly wanted to keep it because it reminded me of tobi. his scent bringing me comfort.

he looks at me offending and mockingly puts his hand on his heart. "how dare you shove me and tell me to shush in my apartment."

i giggle. this was going to be a long night.