chapter 14

taytum

"okay thankyou miss, as soon as we receive any information about your father we will let you know as soon as possible." the policewomen said as she makes her way out of the room.

a few minutes later tobi comes walking in. "where is everyone?" i asked. it's now 3am, the others had to leave once i had woken up as the nurses wanted to do check ups and then the police insisted on questioning me right away.

i had told them everything that happened tonight and that i have a past with my father abusing me.

"i told them to go home for the night and if anything happens, which won't, i'll give them a call." he says sitting down again on the chair next to my bedside.

i nod my head, not knowing what to say. that's when tobi breaks the silence. "what are you gonna do now?" he whispers.

i turn to look at him. what was i gonna do? i'm not going back there. but no way in we'll do i have enough money to buy my own apartment. i could offer to stay with eilise but she lives with her parents who already have their hands full with 4 children.

"i.. i really do not know." i whisper. never did i want any of them to see this side of my life.

"what about your mum?" he asks. talking about my mum wasnt tough. i didn't know her. but talking about the consequences that i received from my father after it was 'my fault' is tough on me. it was also tough that i never had that mother figure in my life. no one to buy me pretty dresses or do my hair into breads.

i didn't notice my eyes tearing up until my vision went cloudy. "uh she died at childbirth."

tobi then carefully wraps his arms around me,being mindful of my injuries. "i'm so so sorry t."

i shake my head. "it's okay, i do miss not having a mother, like any other person would, she was really pretty from what i saw. but it's just what he did to me about it. it's my fault tobi."  i turn my head into his neck and cry.

"no no no taytum. you cannot control what happens during childbirth. no one can, you were a baby." he soothes, rubbing my back gently although i can feel his muscles tensing with anger.

"it is tobi. he even thinks it. that's what all this is about! i killed her, i took his wife. he'd rather me dead!" i cry even harder.

tobi then pulls out of the embrace to look at me. i close my eyes, not wanting to see me more vulnerable than i already am. "taytum look at me."

i shake my head. "taytum please." he pleads. i open my eyes and see a pained tobi infront of me.

"taytum, we are here for you now, me and the boys and don't forget eilise! we aren't leaving you." he says as a tear falls down his cheek.

"i'm broken tobi." i say looking down, ashamed and shattered. 

i feel tobi reach out and lift my head up towards him. "then let me be your glue" i let out another sob. he isn't leaving and he won't be anytime soon. he reaches out to wipe my tears as i do the same for him.

he then gently pulls me in for a tender kiss. oh how i've missed this feeling. it's been a whole week since i last kissed him. "we will figure it out okay?" he says once he pulls away. i just nod in reply.

"get some sleep now, you look exhausted."

i then painfully move over to the edge of the bed. "what are you doing t? your gonna hurt yourself even more."

i ignore his comment and tap to the spot beside me. "lie next to me?" i say shyly hoping he doesn't decline my offer.

"but t your hurt." he says softly not wanting to hurt my feelings.

"please?" i do my best puppy eyes.

he groans. he then carefully lies in the spot next to me being cautious of my injuries. i then try my best to get comfortable by lying my head on his chest.

he puts his his arm around me and kisses the top of my head.

"taytum?" tobi then whispers after a while, wondering if i'm still awake.

"yeah?" i respond moving my head up slightly to look at him.

"why did he suddenly stab you? why on your birthday." he asks. i sit there for a moment wondering what to say. "if your not comfortable with telling me it's fine." he says reassuringly.

"no no i need to tell someone at some point." i say then taking a deep breath to calm myself. "they were my birthday present."

"what?" disbelief and confusion lacing tobis voice.

"it all started when i was 7, when i was old enough to take the beatings. he would always say how i deserve nothing but beatings for my birthday present so that's what i got. it being my mothers anniversary aswell just encouraged him to keep doing it." i explain. "they progressively got worse throughout the years and this year was the worst because i finally had enough, i resisted his actions and words, which angered him." 

i surprisingly didn't shed a tear while telling this story like i had expected to. but then again, i had no tears left in me. i didn't want to cry over that man ever again.

"jesus what a sick bastard." tobi says in disgust. "i know."

"why now?" tobi asks causing me to furrow my brows at him. "huh?"

"why did you only decide to resist him now? what changed?" he asked. this made me smile.

"because i have you now. and everyone else. i knew that i wasn't alone in the world anymore." i say softly.

this causes tobi to shed a tear. "i like like you taytum." i laugh at this. is this his way of saying he really likes me without actually saying love.

"i like like you too tobi."

i must have then drifted asleep until i hear a soft whisper in my ear. so soft that i barely heard it. "stay with me."

my eyes flutter open and i see tobi staring down at me. "what?"

"live with me in my apartment."

"no tobi i couldn't."

he smiles. "you say that as if you have a choice."

OMG
I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW
this is so unnecessary to the book
but CHELSEA WON THEIR GAME TODAY
nicolas jackson with the hat trick.
palmer with the penaltyyyy.
the game was so chaotic.
2 red cards??
a hand ball disallowed goal
2 disallowed goals for us and spurs.
so happy for them because they haven't been doing the best recently but
LONDON IS BLUEEEEEEEEEEE
(broke spurs undefeated streak)