chapter 44

taytum

"where's eilise, has anyone seen her?" i ask when we all take a seat at the very long table on a balcony,looking over a wonderful view with a gorgeous sunset.

everyone looks around and all they're brows furrow in comfusing. they all shake their heads.

"haven't seen her since we got out of the taxi." harry says, "she must've slipped to the bathroom."

i nod my head, as he made a fair point. a few minutes later eilise makes her way to the table. "where did you go off to?" i ask, scared incase she wasn't feeling too good.

eilise halted a little in her step. "uh i was just in the bathroom." she smiled, well tried to. it wasn't very convincing, i've known eilise for a good while and i know when she's lying.

i nod my head to leave it for now, but made a side note to ask her about it later.

after a while we all have our food and we are all joking about things that has happened this year. i zoned out a little, just smiling to myself, listening to all the laughs and giggles from everyone around me.

tobi, who was beside me, placed his hand in my inner thigh, stroking it lightly. not in a sexual way but in a more comfortable and calming way.

"meeting you has been the highlight of my year, and having you has been the highlight of my whole life." he whispers softly in my ear.

this causes me to smile immediately and turn to him. that's when i realise how close we are and i lean in and kiss him softly. "i love you so much baby, you saved me when i thought i'd be controlled by him forever."

tobi kisses me again but reaches up to grab my cheeks with both hands. "i will never let anything happen to you."

"i know baby i know."

i look into tobis eyes but then feel a shiver up my spine. and not one from tobi, but one that gives me a bad feeling. like someone's watching me. i stiffen and look around the table. i see everyone still continuing their conversation until i see eilise staring me and tobi down.

my eyebrows furrow. "you okay tay?" tobi rubs my shoulders which causes me to jump. "uh yeah, just got paranoid."

tobi looks concerned at my words. "don't worry tobi, it was just eilise."

he breathe out a tiny sigh of relief. "okay."

"i'm gonna go talk to her, is that okay?" i ask him, standing up from my seat. "yeah yeah go."

i push my seat in and walk over to eilise, "can i talk to you a minute." i ask smiling at her.

she looks panicked but stands nonetheless. i've never been more confused in my life.

i lead us to a corner a bit away from the table, into a more quiet area. i place my hand on her shoulder, "are you okay, you've been a bit off."

she smiles... but once again it was not a real smile. what has gotten into her?

"yeah i'm fine, why wouldn't i be?" she nods looking out over the balcony, not making eye contact.

"you sure?"

she nods. "yeah."

i nod and take her hand leading her back to the table. instead of sitting down i get talia and freya. "come on girls let's go take photos!" i shout over the now busy balcony as tables are filling up and the bar is getting crowded. "we'll be back in a minute boys" i say winking.

me and the girls go down the stairs and our outside of the cute restaurant we were eating in and head towards the pavement right beside the beach.

"this is the perfect spot." freya says. "come on taytum you first! you look hot!!"

i laugh and start posing. we then take turns in posing but i notice again that eilise looks stiff and not as happy as we are.

what confuses me is that it was all so sudden, this change of mood.

i open my phone and look at the photos. i look good. i then click into tiktok so i can post one of all us when i see my get ready with me from earlier has blown up completely with a million views and 500k likes.

"omg!" i exclaim causing the girls to all crowd around me in surprise. when they see my video, talia and freya squeal in excitement while eilise just... stands there?

i shake my head and not allow her grumpy mood today destroy my happt and content one.

"oh my god taytum that's amazing!!" freya shouts.

"what's amazing?" josh says, as all the boys make their way towards. "look!!" freya grabs the phone out to my hand and shows it to all the boys.

"that's amazing baby!" tobi comes towards me and lifts me up in the air spinning me a bit. i giggle. "thanks tobes." i say while pecking him once he puts me down.

jj then comes towards me. "well done shortie, i'm happy for you." he says, opening his arms, welcoming me into a hug. "thanks jj."

"let's celebrate." vik says pointing to a tiny beach bar that looks to be getting busier by the second.

i smile at how supportive all my friends are.

@taytumwilluams

caption: 🌴

@freya: i took this photo!

@taliamar: slaying

@tobjizzle: my beautiful girlfriend 💗
> @taytumwillaims: i love you💋