chapter 9

tobi

"how can you hate mcdonald's!" i exclam. me and taytum were now sitting in the car park trying to figure out where to eat.

"i hate it with a passion." taytum says looking physically sick that we are talking about it. "i may aswell eat dog food for fucks sake!"

"seriously! you would seriously get nothing out of mcdonalds." i question. i cannot belive she hates mcdonalds.

"the only thing i'll get out of mcdonalds is a banana milkshake." she states. i screw my face up. "what the fuck taytum! that's disgusting."

she literally couldn't even go for a good flavour like strawberry or chocolate but fucking banana. this girl was really something else.

"what! it's so good." i look at her in disbelief. "you are icking me out right now." i say putting on a girly voice. this causes taytum to laugh. "your such a dork."

me and taytum then come to the conclusion that we can eat in the little diner at the arcade. i obviously didn't go to mcdonald's after she said she didn't like it. that's just rude.

"what are you getting?" i ask her. she didn't even pick up the menu. " kids chicken nuggets and chips."
i laugh.

"what?" she questions.

"kids?" i swear she's so unpredictable. she smiles at me clearly amused at my reaction. "yep." she says popping the p. " i can rarely finish adults meals."

"that's fair enough."

the waitress then comes over and asks what we would like to to drink. i obviously get apple juice as taytum gets a coke. a different waitress then comes to take our orders turns out she recognises me.she asks for a picture. i give taytum an apologetic look in which she just smiles back letting me know it's okay.

before she leaves she gives taytum a strange look.
taytum doesn't seem to notice it though. i sure did.
not wanting to cause i scene i just left it at that.

by now me and taytum were eating our food in silence. not a awkward silence but a comfortable one.

"tobi?" she says after a while. i look up. "yeah?"

she looks a little uncomfortable. "whys that waitress giving me death stares like i just killed her dog?"

i give her a confused look and look to where she was looking. it was the same waitress that gave her a strange look.

"i've got no idea. how about we quickly finish up and then go to the arcade."

she nods liking the idea.

we then go up to the counter to pay when i see taytum pull out her purse. "what are you doing?" i ask her.

"uhh paying." she said as if it was obvious. i quickly shake her head. "uh no you aren't, i am."

"let me pay tobi."

i shake my head. the more nicer waitress from earlier gives us the bill. i quickly hand my card to her.

i turn to taytum and give her a smug look. "too late."

she rolls her eyes.

"what do u want to do first?" i ask her. we were now in the arcade looking around to see what we could do.

she pointed over to the mario cart racing machine. "loser has to buy icecream." she challenges. little does she know this was my favourite game and i could absolutely beat anyone.

i shrug my shoulders not giving anything away. "sure."

we walk over putting change into the machine. the start was tough. taytum was actually quite good at this game. but i was better.

in the end up i won and taytum came third. she groans. "your such a sweat."

i laugh. "don't be such a sore loser now tay." i tease.

we then went around a few more games. taytum complaining as i beat her in every single one. grumbling that she hates me every now and then which just causes my smile to widen.

we were now on our way to the icecream parlour when taytum seen a claw machine with a massive white teddy.

"tobi! omg can you try win it for me." she says excitedly, pointing at the machine.

i sigh dramatically. "i guess will try."

i slip in the pound coin into the machine. i really hope i get it. her reaction to even seeing the teddy was so cute.

the machine offers three goes. i take a deep breath and move the claw to the closest one. it was lying down. i got a decent grip on it but as the claw lifted it fell again.

the second try i went for the same one. the teddy was still lying down but as the claw began to lift the teddy fell into a sitting position. that could work.

one last go. i look at taytum who's eyes were focused on the machine. i really had to get it.

with one last deep breath i go again the claw gripping onto the teddy's head. it legged into the air and fell into the slot.

i did it!!

taytum squeals excitedly and hugs me. "thankyou tobi!" i wrap my arms around her small waist smiling. "no problem tay."

she then steps back and goes to grab the teddy. her face lighting up as she looked at it. i then realised how beautiful she looked tonight.

she had pink trousers on with a white crop top. her hair in soft waves. she looked absolutely breathtaking. i smile while looking at her in a daze.

"tobi?" i then hear her call out. i shake my head slightly.

"yeah?"

she giggled at my confused state. "come on let's go get icecream."

me and tate were now sitting outside at a bench a bit from the arcade. it was more quieter out here. more peaceful.

me and taytum were just eating our icecream and chatting to each other about random things. i learned that it's taytums birthday next week. i scolded her for not telling me sooner but it seemed to me that it just slipped out and she didn't want anyone to know. i could see the regret on her face once se said it. she recovered quickly though when i asked her what's wrong. she just said she didn't like celebrating her birthday. i wonder why.

maybe she wouldn't mind if i sorted a little something with just the boys and surprise her.

we kept talking when i noticed icecream on the side of taytums mouth. without thinking i reach out and wipe it off with my thumb.

i heard taytums breath hitch in her throat. that's when i realised our close proximity.

i looked into her hazel eyes getting lost in there beauty. i then glance down to her lips.

before i knew it we were both leaning in. i closed the rest of the distance pressing my lips to her soft ones.

not edited :)