chapter 8

tobi

i woke up to taytum wrapped up in my hold sleeping peacefully. i smile at her calm expression. i always feel as if she has walls up hiding something terrible. but you can't be quick to assume crazy things.

over the past week or so that i've known taytum i can't help but be drawn to her. i've developed slight feelings for her and something tells me that she has too.

i gently unwrap my arms from around her, trying my best not to wake her. i then silently close the door letting out a deep breath.

i walk into the kitchen to be greeted by ethan. "hey mate." he says drinking his coffee. "morning."

"did taytum go into you last night?" he asks. i nod. "yeah she got scared." 

ethan smiles. "i can tell you like her tobes." this causes me to smile. "is it that obvious?"

he laughs and nods. "if only you could see the way you look at her, and the way she looks at you." i smile at the thought.

"you gonna ask her out anytime soon?" he asks. i shrug. "i'm not sure what to do."

"i think you should take her somewhere today if yous aren't doing anything and maybe confess that you are developing feelings for her." ethan suggests. "yeah that's a good idea, but what though?"

ethan is silent for a little while. "what about the arcade?"

"yeah ill do that. thanks ethan." i say giving him a hug then heading back into my bedroom.

i sit down beside taytum and stare at her for a little while. yeah that sounds creepy. but how can one be so beautiful?

i sit on my phone for a while waiting for her to get up.i then feel a shift in the bed causing me the glance over at her. she was finally waking up.

she groans snuggling into my side more trying to block out the light. "what times it?"

i laugh. "goodmorning to you too sunshine."

she giggles. "shush."

"i was wondering if you were doing anything today, i wanted to take you out." i say nervously.

she rubs her eyes and sits up. "as a date?" she questions.

i shrug. "only if you want it to be."

she blushes. "i wouldn't mind it."

"okay then it's a date."

she sighs and flops back down into bed snuggling into the sheets. "what time is it?" she asks facing me.

i turn to her. "it's nearly 10:30"  this causes her to groan. "it's so early!"

i laugh. "your so lazy." she scoffs hitting me softly. "what time are you planning to take me out on this date tobjizzle?" she says wiggling her eyebrows.

"i was thinking maybe 6, we can grab a bite to eat before hand."

she giggles and nods. "anything for food."

as if on que at the mention of food her stomach rumbles causing us to go into a fit of giggles. "come on t let's get you some food."

it is now around 3 o'clock. taytum and the boys left around 1:30, the boys having videos to film and taytum going to get some uni work done and get ready for our date later.

i would be lying if i said i wasn't nervous. i shouldn't be nervous though, it's only taytum. but i have been developing feelings for her, i definitely like her. i just didn't want to rush into anything.

for the next hour or so to get my mind off the nerves i decided to do a stream reacting to a couple of clips. when it neared close to 5 i ended the stream and called josh.

"hey tobes" i heard at the other end of the phone once his face popped up.

"hey man."

"why are you calling, everything alright?" he says with hint of worry in his voice.

"yeah yeah i'm all good just really nervous."

i had told the boys that i asked taytum out on a date earlier. they were hyped.

"what's the matter then?"

"what do i wear?" i say nervously.

"awwww tobi is nervous for his first date." josh teases.

"shush."

the call lasted another 10mins with josh teasing me. he then advised me to put on some cargo pants and a sweater as we were only going to the arcade.

by the time i got ready it was time to pick taytum up. i sent her a quick text saying i'm on my way to which she responds a quick okay to.

i hope everything goes smoothly tonight. i enjoy spending time with her.

i am now parked up outside taytums house. i can see that there is two cars in the driveway indicating that her parents must be home.

i haven't heard much about her mum, only her dad which always made me wonder why she never talked much about her family. i never brought it up either just incase it was a sore subject.

i've gotten a weird vibe of taytum though everytime her dad is mentioned. for example the way she tensed when he called her the other night or him shouting down the phone.

my thoughts were interrupted when the car door opened. "hey tobi." she smiles, her smile doesn't reach her eyes though.

"hi tay, ready to go?" i ask before i pull away. she quickly nods without looking at me.

i then felt worry build up inside me. does she not want to go anymore? does she like me? i always thought there was a possibility.

i push the thoughts away as i start the car. i couldn't help but want to ask her if she was second guessing her decision.

"you still want to go tay?" i asked unable to keep it in any longer. she liked at me in confusion. "ofcourse i do! why wouldn't i?" she exclaims.

i shrug my shoulders. "you seemed off when you got in the car."

"im sorry, just got in an arguement with my dad." she said, sadness lacing her voice. i glance over to hee quickly before turning my eyes back to the road.

"oh right, want to talk about it?" i ask softly.

she shakes her head. "no it's okay, im over it, thankyou though."

"it's not problem, im always here for you."

this was kinda a filler
and i needed to update.
i'm trying my hardest to find time
because i have exams coming up
but i'll try to update whenever i can.