chapter 17

tobi

"you 100% sure you want to do this?" i ask one more time before we get out of the car. she nods her head giving me a soft reassuring smile. "yeah it'll be quick come on." she says while carefully climbing out the door.

i soon follow her and we both walk up to the front door. we walk in and something about this place doesn't feel right. why do i feel like somethings u go on a happen.

i shake my head, getting rid of the thoughts as me and taytum walk on through the house. taytum observing every detail. the house was nearly empty, everywhere raided with the police. although the kept all taytums stuff in her room to collect once searching them.

i've never been in her house before, but this is no home.

we walk on through into the kitchen where taytum stops abruptly. her eyes set in one spot in the kitchen. i look to where she's looking and my breath hitches in my throat. blood coated the floors. taytums blood. the police must of never cleaned it up.

feeling tears prick my eyes,i place my hand on her lower back, drawing patterns to help her, aswell as me to calm down and reassure her of my presence.

she takes a deep breath. "i thought it wouldn't hurt as much, coming back, but it just reminds me of everything that happened that night."she says while staring at that one spot.

i walk in-front of her to block her line of vision, causing her to look up at me. "tobi it hurts." she whispers looking into my eyes.

my heart breaks there and then. i pull her into a tight embrace. "i know baby." i say whispering into her hair.

she tightly wraps her arms around my waist, softly crying. "he was a shit dad, but i wish he just supportive for one fucking minute."

"it'll be alright taytum, me eilise and the boys will always support you through everything." i say, feeling terrible for the small girl in my arms. she then looks up. "your truly amazing tobi brown." she smiles. i grab her face wiping her eyes. i scoff "i know it."

she giggles pushing me away. "there it is." i smile at her. she looks at me confused. "there's what?"

"your beautiful smile."

she looks down hiding her face in her arms. "tobi brown aren't you the charmer." i just simply wink at her.

"come on now, let's go get my stuff." she grabs my hand dragging me back through the hall and up the stairs.

she walks into a room to the right and i welcomed by a beautiful white and grey room.

"this was my safe place." she smiles at me.

"your room is lovely." i compliment. i can see she takes pride in her room and her belongings.

i lay on her bed while she makes her way to her vanity, grabbing a makeup bag and throwing stuff into it.

"i can get that moved to my apartment if you'd like." i suggest. she then turns around to me with a big smile on her face. "really?" she says happily. i just nod and she squeals. "that would be amazing, i would miss my vanity."

"what's gonna happen with the house then?" i question as she grabs another bag throwing clothes in it.

she shrugs. "i'm not sure, apparently it's getting handed to me as he's getting everything stripped from him."

"what are you gonna do with it?" i ask her.

"i don't want it, everything bad that's happened in my life has happened here..." she then pauses "but i don't want to bother you."

i then sit up on the bed and grab her arm, pulling her into my lap. "taytum, you aren't bothering me, i love your company."

"i feel like a burden tobes." she mumbles playing with my cross around my neck.

"your not, now tell me what i can do to help and let's get out of here ." she nods and we get to work.

we have been here now for thirty minutes when we are about to leave. taytum is just finishing up clearing her wardrobe. this girl has so many clothes.

"are you nearly ready yet." i groan, flopping on the bed again.

"patience tobi i'm nearly done."

while i'm waiting i go on my phone and notice a message from jj.

jj

jj
hey man, what's up?

tobi
nothing i'm with taytum at
her house
she's getting all her stuff now

jj
what?
is she okay?
how's she holding up?

tobi
she's upset
i feel so bad for her
she doesn't deserve any of this

jj
i know man
have you asked her yet?

tobi
not yet
it's not a good time

jj
what do you mean it's not
a good time
this is what she needs rn
she needs you
someone to rely on

tobi
your right
i'll ask her soon
jj
well you love her don't you?

tobi
ofcourse i love her jj
how couldn't i?
jj
yous deserve each other
hope everything goes well
text me when you get back
to your apartment

tobi
thanks man
will do

"i'm ready." i hear taytum say, making me look up to see her struggling with her bags. "give some of them to me." i say taking 4 bags. there's more.

"thankyou."

we then make our way down into the hall when we hear rattling coming from the kitchen. we both look at eachother confused.

i drop the bags that are in my hands and gesture for taytum to stay where she is. her stubborn ass shakes her head causing me to roll my eyes.

i walk first peeping my head around the door frame to see a man dressed in all black. taytum being impatient also pops her head around the corner infront of me.

once she sees the man her body tenses. she stands straight and takes a step into the kitchen. i am about to drag her out of the kitchen but my body comes to a halt when i hear her next word.

"dad?"

sorry i couldn't update
i had hockey yesterday and have
been revising