chapter 11

taytum

it is now the day of my birthday. me and tobi have both been busy. him with filming and me with uni and work but we have still been texting and facetiming every night before bed.

i haven't heard of tobi since yesterday morning which is weird because he usually calls at night. he must've been filming.

i left really early this morning for work, not wanting to run into my dad. he hasn't noticed the bank card yet but i have a feeling he will due to the amount of beer he buys on my mothers anniversary.

"taytum!! happy birthday!" i hear eilise squeal as soon as i walk in. i smile as she runs and hugs me. "thankyou eilise!"

"are you doing anything this year?" she asks omce she's out of the embrace. i shake my head and make my way behind the counter. "you know i don't like celebrating my birthday."

"but why! maybe this year you could try plus you've got the boys now." she says referring to the sidemen. somethings up. she never tries to make me celebrate. i turn and look at her. "they've planned something haven't they."

i'm not stupid. i could see the excitement on tobis face when i told him at our date last week. and not to mention him being distant the past day.

"no no no they haven't." she shakes her head. i laugh at her. she's never been good at lying. "eilise you can't lie to me."

"fine! they've planned a little get together at tobis apartment." she says really fast.

i don't mind the boys setting something up for me. maybe i could try something new. the boys always find a way to make me smile. but then there's my father who will be expecting me.

"it'll only be us and the boys." she says trying to persuade me. i smile. "okay i'll give it a go, how are they planning on getting me to go to tobis?"

"well tobi was gonna call you and ask if you just wanted to stay at his and have a movie night but instead they'll be a little party there for you." she lets out. "please play along! harry will kill me cause he knows i blabber."

i laugh. "okay okay i won't."

we then get to work for a couple hours. we weren't too busy. inbetween rush hours we would talk about uni and how we are getting on. nothing out of the ordinary.

it has now come to closing time and we are getting ready to leave. "i'll see you later then yeah?" eilise says to me as i lock up. i nos my head. "i'll be there dont worry."

"okay then i'll see you later." i smile and wave as she walks off.

it's only 4:30pm so i decide to take a walk to the park where i first met the boys. i can't believe how close i've gotten with them in such a little time period.

and then there's tobi. who has been planning a surprise party for me without having knowing me for that long. i really like him.

my thoughts are disrupted when o hear my phone ringing. i smile seeing tobis name pop up.

"hey tobes."

"happy birthday!" he shouts down the phone. i giggle. he's so cute.

"thankyou tobi!"