027

I look over at Dorian as he drives.

"We need to pick up a few things. Remember Jack?"he questions.

"The limo driver?"I question.

"Yeah. He's actually an agent from a protection agency."he responds.

"Wow. Anything else I should know?"I ask.

He shrugs.

"Do you know that I love you?"he asks, glancing over to me.

"I do."I say as he grips my thigh.

"Good. Just making sure."

.....

We pull into a vacant lot and instantly I see Jack walking towards the car.

"Stay here, I'll be right back."he says before leaning over and kissing my lips.

He gets out of the car and I bite the inside of my cheek, going into my pocket and pulling out my cell phone that has been off for a few days.

I was scared to turn it on, scared of what I would see.

I look up, seeing Dorian and Jack in the rear view mirror. They seemed to be discussing something. I watch Dorian's facial expressions, trying to configure what they could be speaking about.

He was speaking rather quickly, where Jack would respond with equally fast talking.

Jack then points to the car and says something to Dorian that makes Dorian stand straight, with an offended expression.

He then steps closer to Jack in an intimidating manner, and Jack puts his hands up and steps away, pointing towards the car once again and then beginning to explain slowly.

"Bullshit! Absolutely not!"I heard Dorian shout, causing me to turn back.

Jack and I briefly make eye contact and he quickly pulls Dorian to where he's facing away from me, continuing to talk.

I groan quietly and sit back a bit.

I hate that they're still being secretive. What don't I know still?

I feel the car door open, and Dorian sits into the car with a black bag.

"What's that?"I question as he places the bag into the back seat.

"Some supplies for when we get to Florida. Door locks, spare keys, passports."he says before starting the car.

"..could I see my family before we go?"I say causing him to look at me.

"Um, of course. Yeah. L-lets bead there now and maybe we can meet back at my parents place for dinner."he says, putting the car in drive.

.....

I smile as we pull into the driveway of my house. Before I could get out Dorian stops me.

"Let me, I want to be sure you're safe."he says before exiting the car first.

He walks around the car, looking around as he gets to my door. He opens it for me and I step out, immediately going towards the door as I stand.

I pull out my keys and unlock the door, opening it.

I see my mother sitting on the couch and my Grammy in her recliner.

My mother looks up and immediately her face lights up.

"Dede!"she says before standing and running me.

I embrace her and chuckle, reveling in the familiar feeling.