Chapter One

SHE HAD BEEN STARING AT the wall for twenty minutes as she waited for it to reach 3:00. She looked completely out of it, which she probably wouldn't deny. She hadn't been the same since her younger brother, Georgie, had gone missing.

Her and her older brother's, Bill, stutters got worse as the days added since Georgie went missing. While many noticed this, they decided to not mention. . .well there were a few who did. 

Once the bell finally rang she practically ran out of the classroom. As she walked through the hall people eyes drifted to her. She was known as the most gorgeous girl in middle school, this made her one of Greta's biggest targets. She also has to deal with Henry's comments and gestures.

She finally saw her group of friends, the Losers. As she started walking closer, she could hear their conversation.

"So, there's this church full of Jews, right? And Stan has to take this super Jewy test." Eddie gestured with his hands as he spoke.

"But how's it work?" Charlotte's older brother, Bill, asked.

"They slice the tip of his dick off." Eddie stated. Charlotte's face scrunched disgust.

'why are they talking about this out in the open, for everyone to hear?' She asked herself.

"But then Stan will have nothing left!" Richie exclaimed.

Charlotte then saw Stan walk out of his classroom. He noticed her as well and smiled before he rushed over to her and gripped her hand in his. Then, they sprinted towards the others.

Charlotte and Stan had the biggest crushes on each other since they were just ten years old, so for two years, almost three. The constantly got teased by the losers besides Bill, who always glared at Stan when he was near Charlotte, but sometimes even he would make a joke.

"That's true." Eddie agreed.

"Wait up, you guys!" Stan slightly yelled.

"Hey, Stan, what happens at the Bar Mitzvah, anyways? Ed says they slice the tip of your d-dick off." Bill said before he saw their intertwined hands. He heatedly glared at Stan making him gulp. Charlotte just gripped his hand tighter.

"Yeah, and I think the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crowd and say "Where's the beef?"" Richie jokes making the five lightly laugh.

"At the Bar Mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech and suddenly, I become a man." Stan tells them, still holding Charlotte's hand.

"I could think of funner ways to become a man. I think Charlotte could help you out." He winked at Charlotte, making her roll her eyes.

""More fun" you mean." Stan corrected, as he fills his face turn red.

"Oh, sh-shit." Charlotte quietly cursed drawing the boys' attention. They walked past Henry Bowers and his minions: Reginald "Belch" Huggins, Vic Criss, and Patrick Hockstetter; Henry stands there with his arms folded, Belch and Patrick smile malevolently at them, and Vic merely gives them a threatening stare.

"Think they'll sign my yearbook? "Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot, steaming dump in your backpack last March. Have a good summer."" Richie tried to lighten the mood.

As they went down the stairs, a teenage girl, Gretta Keene, walked past them, bumped Charlotte, and stomped into the girl's bathroom.

"Ow!" Charlotte hissed as she rubbed her shoulder with the hand Stan was not holding.

Once they got outside they dumped their backpacks into the trashcan.

"Best feeling ever." Stan stated.