Chapter Seven

-Beverly's Place-

"R-richie, you and I-I both know if th-that were the case, you w-would've beem the first to see i-it."

Charlotte told Stan what she had seen and in return he told her about the painting. They both concluded that they were somehow connected, although Stan was reluctant.

Charlotte had stayed over at Stan's house, much to the dismay of Bill. That morning they had gotten a call from Beverly saying to go to her apartment.

"No, we gotta go through the alleyway." Stanley and Eddie were arguing which way to go.

"The alley takes way too long." Eddie said.

"No, the alley is so much faster." Stanley disagreed.

"The alley is more dangerous and it's disgusting."

"How is i-it more dang-gerous?" Charlotte asked.

"It smells like piss and it's gross. Just take the side streets for once." Eddie told her.

"Oh, my god. The side streets are the same. They smell like piss and shit." Stan exclaimed.

"Okay, okay. Can you just tell me what she said exactly?" Eddie asked.

"She didn't say anything. She just said that you guys need to hurry over." Stanley answered for him and Charlotte.

"She didn't say anything. Okay. Okay." Eddie murmured to himself.

"You made it. I... I need to show you something." Charlotte wondered if Beverly had also seen the clown, or something similar.

"What is it?" Ben asked, he too was wondering if she had seen the clown.

"More than we saw at the quarry?" Richie joked.

"Shut up! Just shut up, Richie." Eddie yelled.

Lottie looked over at Richie and saw the hurt look on his face. He had liked Eddie for two years, Eddie didn't know, but everytime Eddie would yell at him it would still hurt.

"My dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment." Beverly drew Lottie's attention away from Richie.

"Then we'll leave a lookout. Richie, stay here." Bill instructed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What if her dad comes back." Richie asked.

"Do what you always do. Start talking." Stanley turned around.

"It is a gift." Richie yelled back.

"H-hey!" Lottie yelled. It was then the group noticed she hadn't began up the stairs, "I'll stay with him."

Everyone nodded, but Stan had a sour look on his face. Did she like Richie? Did Richie like her? Were they an item?

Charlotte knew what he was thinking by the look on his face.

"Stan." She said so only he and Richie could hear, "About what I was going to tell you yesterday, can I tell you later?"

Stanley nodded with a smile before following the others inside. Charlotte was left staring at where he once stood.

"Hey, lovergirl! Your bestie needs to speak to you." Sometimes it was painfully obvious Richie was gay.

Charlotte rolled her eyes with a smile, and walked over to Richie and wait for the others.

-----------------

Bill, Beverly, Stan, Ben, and Eddie had finished cleaning Bev's house. All of them were walking next to their bikes while Richie rode around them.

"You know, me and Charlotte love being your person door people. I mean, could you idiots have taken any longer?" Richie asked.

"Shut up, Richie!"

"Yeah, shut it, Richie." Stanley agrees with Eddie.

"Oh okay, trash the trashmouth, I get it. Hey, I wasn't the one who was scrubbing the floor pretending the sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween." Charlotte knew Richie believed that she saw something, he was just being annoying.

"Sh-she didn't imagine it." Bill denied, "I saw s-s-something too."

"You saw blood too?" Stan asked, as they came to a stop.

"N-not blood. I saw G-Georgie." Bill shook his head, "It all seemed so real. Like, it seemed like him, but th-there was this-"

"Clown." Eddie cut Bill off, "I saw him too."

"Can only virgin see this stuff? Is that why I'm not seeing this shit?"

"R-richie, you and I-I both know if th-that were the case, you w-would've beem the first to see i-it." Charlotte told him.

"Oh shit." Eddie cut off whatever Richie was going to say. "That's Belch Huggins' car. We should get out of here."

Charlotte grabbed Stan's hand for comfort.

What should Charlotte's future job be?

-Actress
-Artist
-Surgeon

-Love, M.