Chapter Five

-Ben's House-

"Will you walk me home? I have something I need to tell you."

Bill, Beverly, Ben, Charlotte, Richie, Eddie, and Stan bike to Ben's house; Ben, Beverly, Eddie, Bill, and Richie let their bikes fall to the ground and go inside, while Stan (as usual) puts the kickstand down, Charlotte does this aswell.

As they enter the house, a woman is stapling a Missing poster of Patrick Hockstetter to a post as a freight train goes zooming in the background. Despite not liking the guy in any way, Charlotte thought no one deserved to be taken.

Ben rushes o be the first one in he room. Beverly, Bill, Stan, Charlotte, Eddie, and Richie enter the bedroom.

"Yeah. I heard he has a rollercoaster and a pet chimp and an old guy's fucking bones."

"Yeah." Eddie agreed with Richie.

Stan and Charlotte immediately look at the stuff on Ben's desk. Charlotte looked over at Richie and noticed where his attention was.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wow!"

"Cool, huh?" Ben asked proudly

"No. No, nothing cool. There's nothing cool..." Charlotte blocked out all the noise as she focused on Stan.

"Hey, Stan?" Charlotte got the boys attention. He don't know what gave her the sudden confidence, but she was going to do it anyway.

Stan hummed as he looked towards her.

"Will you walk me home? I have something I need to tell you." Charlotte was bright red at this point and she knew there was no going back now.

"Of course, Char." Stan smiled. He hoped she was going to tell him how she felt about him.

"What's that?" Stan asked, still smiling.

"Oh, that? That's the charter for Derry Township." Ben answered.

"Nerd alert." Richie snorted.

"No, actually, it's really interesting. Derry started out as a beaver trapping camp."

"Still is, am I right, boys?" Richie held up his hand. Stan merely shook his head while hope deadpanned at him.

Stan reached his hand out to Charlotte. She got the hint and conjoined their fingers, making Stan smile at her.

"Ninety-one people signed the charter that made Derry. But later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace." Ben continued.

"The entire camp?" Eddie was getting chills, as was Lottie.

"There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of an attack. Everybody just thought it was a plague or something. But it's like one day everybody just woke up and left. The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the Well House..."