Chapter Sixteen

-Neibolt 2.0-

"Get off of me!"

Soon after, the reunited group is en route to the Well House; Mike is smart enough to have brought the gun that he uses for killing sheep. Charlotte got a kitchen knife.

Arriving at the Well House, they dismount and leave their bikes in the street and walk up to the house.

"Guys, spikes." Bill pointed.

Charlotte watched proudly as Eddie removed his fanny pack and tossed it aside.

Bill picks up two metal poles with spikes on the end and puts them together. Richie picks up a beer bottle, smashes it against the stairs, and casually throws it aside. 

They began to walk in the house. Charlotte noticed Stan wasn't following.

"Stan?" Charlotte called. Bill, Richie, Ben, Eddie, and Mike turn around to face Stan, who is just standing at the door.

"Stan, we all have to go." Bil told him. Stan continues standing where he is, afraid to follow them inside, "Beverly was right. If we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one. But if we stick together, all of us, we'll win. I promise."

Stan stepped inside and joined the group. He quickly walked towards Charlotte and grabbed her hand.

Bill leads them into the basement where he saw the well during their previous incursion.

"Hey, Eddie, you got a quarter?" Richie asked as they walked up to the well.

"I wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing."

"Beverly?" Ben's voice echoed down the well.

'Ben, do you really think she can hear you from down there?' Charlotte asked herself, as if Ben could read her mind.

"How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asked.

Charlotte watched as Bill turned around to see a lengthy rope laying on the floor. Seconds later, the rope is secured to the pulley as Richie threw it down.

They all began to slowly decend down. First Bill, then Eddie, Stan, Richie, Ben.

Just as Charlotte was about to climb down, she heard Mike scream. Before she could turn around, someone pulled her back. She felt the breath get knocked out of her as she hit the floor.

She watched in horror as Henry stood over Mike. She could faintly hear the others calling their names.

"Die!" Henry yelled as he threw Mike backwards. Lottie watched as his gun landed next to him on the ground.

"Mike!" Charlotte heard Ben yell as she caught her breath.

"Charlotte!" Stan's yell followed.

Charlotte began to stand up, but she froze in horror as Henry pulled the rope from the well.

"No, no, no! Grab it!" Multiple yells came from the well.

Charlotte was frozen as Henry turned toward her and smirked. He slowly walked towards her before putting his body weight on her, making them both fall to the ground.

"Get off of me!" Charlotte struggled under his weight.

It was then the group in the well realized what that thump was. They all began yelling.