Chapter Six

-Encounter-

"This isn't real."

They all began to leave Ben's place. Bill, Lottie, and Stam were the only ones left and they were getting their bikes.

"Bill, me and S-Stan are going to ride around for a bit." Charlotte told her brother.

Bill nodded and hugged his sister. What Lottie didn't see was the glare Bill sent Stan from her back.

Stan and Bill might've been best friends, but the minute Charlotte comes into the mix, Bill hates Stan guts.

They had been riding around for thirty minutes. Charlotte was trying to come up with the words to say, and Stam was waiting patiently.

"Okay, so..." Charlotte dragged out.

"Soo..." Stan teased.

Charlotte felt the air grow into something she didn't like. The sky got dark, dark and not a sound could be heard. Not even Stan's bike or humming.

When Charlotte looked back Stan was gone. She was alone.

She then felt a searing pain in her stomach. Once she looked down she saw three very deep gashes that were bleeding profusely. She let out a small scream as she fell off her bike.

"Oh no." She heard a voice. When she looked up she saw a clown. It was the same clown she saw in Ben's room. She watched in horror as the clown grew claws that looked to be a foot long.

She backed away as the clown started slowly walking towards her. She winced as the gashes on her stomach began to sting. She looked down for a second and when she looked back up the clown was in her face, grinning madly.

The clown raised a claw and slashed her stomach, making more gashes. Charlotte screamed as loud as she could. Blood began to seep from her mouth.

"Poor Lottie's gonna die all alone. Stan will be with you soon." The clown grinned once again, drool dripping from his mouth.

"This isn't real." Charlotte clamped her eyes shut. Her pain slowly decreased and light began to seep through her eyelids.

"Charlotte?!" When Charlotte heard Stan's voice her eyes snapped open. She began sobbing and wrapped her arms around him.

"What happened?" Stan asked hurriedly.

"C-clown, blood-d, dea-ath, alone." Charlotte stuttered. Stan thought back to the painting. He knew her biggest fear...

Monatophobia

The fear of dying alone.