Chapter Nine

-Ritual-

"The collar to the first, and only, cat I ever owned."

The Losers started walking down to the basement to find the place where they were supposed to perform the ritual. Eddie kept groaning in disgust as they walked through the grey water. Then they made it to the place where they fought It 27 years ago.

"Shit. This is it. This is where it happened." Ben spoke as memories flashed through all of their heads, none of them good.

"No, no, no." Eddie muttered as he avoided a molded teddy bear.

One by one they started to sit on the well. Ben and Beverly were the last ones on the water when Ben called out to her.

"Bev, what is it?" He asked.

"I thought I heard something." She replies as they all look towards her. She began walking over to them when a very tall, naked old lady with a weird face jumped out of the water. It grabbed Bev and turned towards the others.

"Time to sink!" It then dragged Beverly under water with all of them screaming. They all jumped into the water except for Eddie, Charlotte, and Stan.

Eddie was muttering to himself while Stan and Charlotte watched the water anxiously.

"So...Eddie. When are you and Richie getting together?" Charlotte asked trying to make the situation a bit better.

"Not the time, Lottie!" Eddie snapped.

"Right, sorry." She said and turned back to the water.

The others then came out of the water, with Beverly crying while Ben tried to comfort her.

"Mike, where do we go from here?" Richie asked. Mike didn't answer, but the only place they could go way down the well.

"In the depths is where it crepts. The beneath to find relief." Mike softly changed to himself.

"Is he okay...?" Ben asked.

"I think at this point none of us are." Charlotte answered with a slight nod.

"What's on the other side?" Bev asked as they stood in front of the well.

"I don't know, no one does." Mike replied.

He started going down which made the others protest. "Alright, see you guys down there." He patted the floor before climbing down.

"Stay together." Bill glanced at us before he followed Mike. We all nodded and Ben followed him, Stan not far behind.

Eddie slowly backed away and shook his head. "Guys, I can't do it. Y-you saw what happened, I was going to let you die." He spoke to Richie. "You let me down there with you, I'm gonna get us all killed."

He moves to breath into his inhaler before Richie tried to take it. They began to argue. Charlotte just rolled her eyes and followed Stan down the well.

"So do we just crawl under?" She asked when she got to the bottom and saw the wall. Mike nodded and started crawling through himself. Once they all got through they stared in awe at the cave. There were spikes in the middle that drew that attention.

"This is where it hid." Mike said.

"So all of this has been under Derry forever?" Eddie asked.

"Not forever, just a few million years." Mike mumbled.

"That is forever dude." Charlotte scoffed.

"It can only be attacked in It's true form." Mike told them as they walked to the center of the spikes.

"What's It's true form?" Stan asked what everyone was thinking.

"I hope it's a puppy." Richie said.

"Dude, shut up!" Charlotte snapped.

"This is the boat I made with Ge-Georgie." Bill threw it into the fire.

"This was my inhaler." Eddie took a puff before throwing it in.

"This is something I wish I held on to." Beverly threw in a post card.

"This is a paper from my year book. Only one person signed it. I probably should've forgotten it, but I kept it with me...for 27 years." Ben threw the paper in as Beverly looked at him in awe.

"The collar to the first, and only, cat I ever owned." Charlotte went next, throwing it in with slightly teary eyes.

"This is the token from the capital theater." Richie flipped the token before throwing it in.

"Look closely, Lottie. So you see it? This is when you hit Bowers." Mike held up a bloody rock before throwing it in.

"The rock fight." Beverly chuckled.

"The shower cap that protected my amazing hair." Stan said sarcastically as he threw it in.

"Okay, grab hands." Mike spoke and they followed his command.

"The ritual of Chüd. It's a battle of wills. The first step was our reunion. Second was gathering the tokens. This is the final step." When Mike was done speaking the dire blew out and threw bright orbs floated up.

"Don't look at them!" Mike instructed. "Turn light into dark...Say it!"

"Turn light into dark!" They chanted several times.

This book is almost complete! I'm so excited!

-Love, M

(Don't be a silent reader, vote and comment!!!)