Chapter Fourteen

-Stan the Man-

"That was fucking incredible!"

Charlotte hadn't talked to Bill or Beverly since they split up. Stan and Richie were the ones she spoke to. Sometimes she would see Ben and Mike out and they would share a smile. None of them had seen Eddie, considering his mother wouldn't let him leave the house.

After the split, Richie and Stan took her to the pharmacy and patched her up. They could have taken her to a hospital, but it would be hard to explain how she had gotten the injuries.

She hasn't really been home since the fight. She only went home to get clothes. She stayed at Stan's house mostly, but there were times she would stay at Richie's.

She and Richie got ready for Stan's bar mitzvah together. She was wearing a beautiful blue, floral dress. Richie was wearing a powder blue suit.

"Are you doing okay?" Richie asked, he had noticed the silence.

Charlotte just nodded. She and Bill used to be close, but ever since Georgie had gone missing that's all Bill cared about. She knew they were never going to be close again.

"I noticed you've been writing a lot in your notebook. What have you been writing?" Richie tried to start a conversation.

They were waiting on Richie's porch. His mom was still getting ready.

"Songs." Charlotte answered softly.

"Songs?" Richie was confused. "Since when do you write songs?"

"July." She answered shortly.

"Oh..." Richie came to a realization. "Can I read some of them?"

Charlotte nodded and searched in her bag for the notebook. She handed it to him and picked at her nail nervously while he read it.

"Lottie..." Charlotte looked up. "These are amazing!"

Richie smiled at her proudly. She subconsciously gave a small smile back.

"Let's go, kids!" Maggie, Richie's mom called.

Once they got to the synagogue they took their seats and waited.

Stanley s father began to make a long speech about how Stanley was about to become Stan the Man. Richie's face was red as he tried to suppress his laughter.

Stanley then walked forward and began ready from the Torah. After he did that he made a speech.

"Reflecting on what I just read, I like what it says about indifference. Well, when you're a kid, you think the universe revolves around you. That you'll always be protected and cared for. That you'll always have the same friends as when you were twelve."

Charlotte watched in awe as Stan continued his speech. Richie looked over and smirked.

"If this is how you react to this speech, imagine his wedding vows." Charlotte smacked Richie's arm as Stan began to get to the end of his speech.

"Becoming an adult, according to the holy scripture of Derry," Stanley looked his father in the eyes. "Is learning not to give a shit."

He dropped the microphone and stormed out. Richie and Charlotte stood up. Richie began clapping as Charlotte ran after Stan.

"Stan!" She called after him.

He turned around and noticed the proud smile she had on her face. He began to feel proud of what he did.

"That was fucking incredible!" She exclaimed before hugging him.

He smiled into the hug, "Thanks, Charlotte."

They separated and stared into each other's eyes. Stan leaned down and connected their lips. Charlotte didn't hesitate to bring her hand up to his cheek and kiss back.

"Woah, break it up! Save that for the bedroom." A familiar voice interrupted. They separated and looked at Richie.

"Jeez. I want to be an uncle, but not at the age of thirteen." He joked.

Charlotte felt the heat rush to her face.

Three more chapters and the epilogue until It Chapter Two!

-Love, M.

Don't be a silent reader.

Vote and comment!