Chapter Ten

-Run Lottie-

"MOVE, EDDIE!"

"Turn light into dark!" They all chanted together. The dead lights got closer to the box and they all, minus Eddie, stopped chanting and squinted their eyes open. Mike ran forward and put the lid on top.

"Turn light into dark!" Eddie kept chanting. "Did we do it?" He opened his eyes when he realized no one else was still chanting.

At that very moment a red balloon began to inflate inside of the box knocking the lid off. Mike tried to push it back on as hard as he could, but it kept growing.

"Is this supposed to be happening?" Richie asked anxiously.

"Keep chanting!" Mike shouted.

"Turn light into dark..." They all chanted shakily. The red balloon continued to get bigger and knocked the lid off once again. They all slowly backed away out of the spikes as the balloon continued to grow. The balloon slowly became too big to where the spikes popped it.

The Losers were blown away and landed about ten feet from each other. Charlotte groaned at the pain in her ears and back. Her ears were ringing and she couldn't hear a thing.

As she sat up Stan came running towards her, along with Bill.

"Are you okay?!" Stan asked hysterically. Bill was staring at a scratch on her head with anxious eyes.

"I'm fine." When she answered Bev let out a scream. The trio looked over and saw her singing her light at Pennywise who had grown at least four times bigger and he has crab legs.

"Oh...did it work, Mikey? Did it work?" It let out a cackle. "Tell them why your silly little ritual didn't work. Tell them it's all a...what's the word, Eds? Gazebo!" It giggled.

"What the fuck is he talking about Mike?" Charlotte asked him angrily.

"M-Mikey?" Bill called out.

"Oh, you never told them did you, Mike?" It laughed. "Never told them what happened to the poor Shokopiwah."

"What the fuck, Mike?!" Richie shouted.

"W-what the hell, Mike? You lied to us again!" Bill yelled in betrayal.

"No, no. It didn't work for them because they didn't believe! They didn't believe they could kill him, that's why it didn't work back then!" Mike tried to reason.

The dead lights popped out and the box glowed blue.

"Don't look at them!" Stan yelled.

"For twenty seven years... I've dreamt of you... I've carved you... I've missed you...! Waiting for this very moment." It stopped for a moment before slowly raising a claw. "Time to float!"

It started raining for Mike, but luckily Bill ran forward and dragged him away. This resulted in It crushing a rock. It began changing them, breaking rocks along the way.

Charlotte saw a tunnel and quickly ran into it. She put her hands on her knees and tried to catch her breath when a hand went on her shoulder.

She let out a scream and slapped whoever, or whatever, it was. Stan let out a groan of pain as he held his cheek.

"Oh, shit! Stan, I am so sorry!" She rushed forward and kissed his cheek.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that." He waved it off.

A door suddenly opened. Lottie nor Stan noticed it. They slowly walked towards it as if in a trance.

Young Charlotte giggled as a young Stan chased her. They were playing tag with Bill, Richie, and Eddie and they had gotten separated from the others.

"You can't catch me!" She yelled out to him, but yelled when she tripped on a stick and fell.

"Char?!" He yelled as he ran to her. She slowly sat up and looked at her knee which was bleeding pretty bad. She slowly began to cry, as any seven year old would do.

"Don't cry! It's going to be okay!" Stan assured.

"It hurts!" She cried.

"I know, but no matter how bad it hurts you just have to keep going. For me." He told her.

She looked into his eyes and slowly nodded. He helped her up and then brought her into a hug.

"I'll always help you stand back up." He whispered.

Charlotte and Stan suddenly jumped back into reality when they heard Eddie and Richie outside of their tunnel. They slowly walked out and saw It holding Mike in the air.

Richie threw at Rock at It, drawing It's attention. "Hey, fuck face! You wanna play truth or dare?! Here's the truth, you're a sloppy bitch! Yeah, that's right! You wanna dance?! Yippee-"

Richie was cut off by It opening its mouth and showing him the dead lights. Charlotte let out a scream as blood began to drip from his nose.

"Beep, beep, motherfucker!" Eddie yelled and then threw the spear that Beverly gave him, into its mouth.

"Hey, hey Rich! Wake up!" Eddie cheered as Richie looked up at him. "Hey Richie, I think I got him, man!"

Charlotte watched it slowly lift up a claw and aim it at Eddie. She knew what was going to happen and ran forward.

"MOVE, EDDIE!" She yelled and tackled them out of the way, so It hit the rock instead.

I'm trying to finish this book tonight! Wish me luck!

-Love, M.