Chapter One

-The Call-

"Charlotte Denbrough speaking. Who is this?"

Charlotte Denbrough looked in the mirror as she tried to figure out a way to hide the bruise. It wasn't the first time she had to do this.

It was early in the morning on a Sunday. Most people her age would be getting ready for church or cooking for their kids. But she wasn't, she was hiding a bruise her abusive boyfriend had given.

Ryan Hond, a famous actor. It was like a match made in heaven. A singer and an actor. No one had noticed the abuse, if they did they hadn't said anything.

Charlotte couldn't help but want her first, and only love, back. She doesn't remember much about him, just how it ended.

"I think we should split..." He said sadly, "It's for the best. I do love you, but you're moving to California for college. Most long distance relationships don't last."

Charlotte nodded in agreement. It hurts her, but he was right.

"I love you." Was the last thing they said to each other.

He would never treat her like Ryan did. She remembers him buying her flowers at least once a week. He was always supportive when she was writing songs.

She jumped as her phone began to ring. She looked down at it and saw a random number from Derry, Maine.

She shakily answered it. "Charlotte Denbrough speaking. Who is this?"

A deep chuckle came from the phone. "Stan said almost the exact same thing when I called him."

Charlotte's eyebrows scrunched in recognition. She began to get flashes of memories with Stan.

"It's Mike Hanlon, from Derry." Mike answered her question.

"Mike..." She gasped, "Mike!"

She didn't see Ryan at the door.

"Hi! It's been so long!" Charlotte hadn't been this happy for a while.

"You need to come back to Derry." He wasted no more time. "It's back."

Charlotte felt a shiver down her spine. Her palm began to burn as did the scar on her thigh.

"Okay." She nodded, not really knowing what It was.

"Great. You need to be here tomorrow." Mike told her.

"I'll be there." She said before she hung up.

"Who was that?" A cold voice said. Charlotte flinched and slowly turned.

"An old friend." Was all she said.

He slapped her across the face. "Don't lie to me!"

Charlotte was trying to hold in her tears. She quickly ran to her bedroom and locked the door to begin packing. As she did this she called Richie, who she was still best friends with.

"Lottie!" He greeted.

"I need you to come get me."

She could practically see the worried look on his face, "What did he do?"

"Come get me. Hurry!" She yelled before hanging up. Ryan had been banging on the door.

"Open the door!" He yelled.

Once she got her necessities packed she slowly approached the shaking door. She knew Richie was almost here. Surely Ryan could do that much damage in five minutes.

She slung the door open and stared up at him with fear evident in her eyes.

He punched her sending her flying to the ground. He then began to kick her ribs.

Luckily she heard the front door fly open and Richie came into the hall where Charlotte was laying.

Richie quickly ran towards Ryan and punched him. He grabbed Charlotte's arm and her bag and quickly ran out of the house.

"It's okay. He's never going to touch you again." Richie assured her, as he helped her into his very expensive, red car.

But, boy, was he wrong...

It's 4 am and I'm tired so sorry if this is trash.

Btw I imagine Ryan as blonde with brown eyes, but you can imagine him as you seem fit.

-Love, M.