Chapter Twelve

-Neibolt-

"See you soon."

Once they had reached Neibolt, they got off their bikes and followed Beverly into the yard.

"Bill!" Beverly called out, "You can't go in there. This is crazy!'

Charlotte nodded in agreement. Stan reached forward and grabbed her hand.

"Look, you don't have to come in with me, but what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us?" He looked towards Charlotte as he said this. "Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because, I can't."

Charlotte's head bent down as she tried to hide her tears.

"So, so sad. Poor Lottie." A childish voice mocked in Charlotte's head. Her head snapped up as Bill continued speaking.

"I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, is easier than walking into my own."

"He doesn't care about you, none of them do. Come float with me, and I will care for you." The same voice taunted.

"Wow." Richie voice broke Charlotte's trance. "He didn't stutter once." Richie began walking up the stairs.

The other's moves to follow, but Stanley's voice stopped them.

"Wait!"

They looked towards him expectantly.

"Shouldn't we have some people keep watch?" Stanley look towards Charlotte before looking at the group. "You know, just in case something bad happens."

"Wh-who wants to stay out here?" Bill asked.

Everyone raised their hands besides Bill and Beverly. Bill gave Charlotte a small, almost unnoticeable glare.

"Fuck." Richie cursed as he lowered his hand.

They decided to draw sticks. Bill, Eddie, Richie, and Charlotte got the shortest ones. Stan cursed to himself as Charlotte looked at him worried.

"See you soon." She whispered to him as he hugged her.

As the four walked in, the first thing the noticed was the smell. Charlotte clung onto Eddie arm.

Charlotte was the shortest in the group. She was only 4'10, but she was the youngest as well.

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw, you guys are lucky you're not measuring dicks." Richie spoke.

"You w-would still b-be here, Rich." Lottie smirked.

"I can smell it" Eddie commented.

"Don't breath through your mouth." Richie said.

"How come?"

"Cause then you're eating it." Richie teased, causing Eddie to gag.

They then walked into a room. Charlotte watched Richie walk towards a crumbled piece of paper in the weeds. His eyes began to fill with panic as he read it.

"What?" Bill asked.

"It says I'm missing." Richie gulped.

"You're not m-m-missing Richie." Bill reassured, as Richie's hand began to shake.

"Police department, City of Derry! That's my shirt! That's my hair! That's my face!" Richie panicked.

"Calm down! It's not real!" Bill shouted, trying to knock some sense into him.

Charlotte began to back away as the yelling was making her shake. Eddie nodded at her as he noticed her hands shaking.

She quickly walked out and into the hallway, where she tried to calm her breathing.

"Lottie..." A voice trailer off.

Charlotte looked around trying to find the source. What she didn't notice were the gloved hands coming through the ceiling towards her. She let out a scream as they pulled her through.

"L-Lottie!" Bill yelled hearing the scream.

Richie stopped panicking as he noticed Charlotte was nowhere to be seen.

"Shit!"

Charlotte's eyes opened and she scanned her surroundings. She noticed she was in a very dark room with no furniture.

"Bill?" Charlotte called out. Once she didn't get a response she tried Richies name. Then she tried Eddies.

"Uh oh." She heard.

She stood up and frantically began looking around. She stopped once she saw It in the corner.

"They don't care you're lost. They left." It lied.

"N-no! They wouldn't do th-that! Not Stan o-or Richie or E-Eddie or-" Charlotte began to shake her head.

"But they did." Pennywise pouted.

Charlotte felt tears begin to fall down her face.

"But it's okay..." It trailed off, "You can float with me. And Georgie. And Betty. And Patrick. And Ed-" Charlotte cut him off.

"No!" She glared.

"No?" It growled. It began to stalk towards her. "Wrong answer."

Bill and Richie heard her scream as they went through the hallway to where they heard Eddie scream.

"Charlotte!"

Charlotte's tears began to go faster as It scratched her cheek. The salty tears burned the scratch. It began to laugh manically at her fear.

She quickly ran to the door, and ti her luck it opened. She ran down the stairs. And she saw all the Losers grouped up and It had a pile in It's head.

Beverly was the first to notice her. Her eyes widen once she saw the deep cut on Charlotte cheek.

"Lottie!" She ran towards the younger girl as she collapsed onto her knees.

She dragged her over to where Stan was. Stan grabbed her and held her to his chest.

"I'm so, so sorry!" Stan kept repeating into her hair.

It scratched Ben before retreating into the basement.

"Don't let it get away!" Bill followed It.

"No Bill!"

"We have to help Eddie."

Various yells followed Bill.

The rest was a blur for Charlotte as Richie snapped Eddie's arm back in place and they began to ride to Eddie's house.

All she knew was that she never wanted to do that again.

The end is kinda rushed so I apologize!

Happy Early New Year!

-Love, M.

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote and Comment!