Chapter Two

-Barrens-

"N-no. Georgie wore g-g-galoshes."

While Bill, Eddie, and Richie were at Eddie's house, Charlotte's job was to go and get Stan. After she had successfully done that they were in their way to the barrens.

"That's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy." Stan said as he continued to point to every single plang around them.

"Where? Where's the poison ivy?" Eddie asked looking around.

"Nowhere. Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley." Richie's said.

"Okay, well I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this is not good for my..." Eddie started before Richie cut him off.

"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Richie asked.

"Sometimes, yeah."

"Then you probably have crabs." Richie told him.

"That's so not funny." Eddie said.

"Aren't you guys coming in?" Richie asked Charlotte, Stan, and Eddie who still stood in the entrance.

"Uh-uh. It's greywater." Eddie told him, pointing at the murky brownish water.

"What the hell's greywater?" Richie questioned.

"It's basically piss and shit. So I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee. So... Are you-- Are you serious? What are you...?" Eddie asked after Richie lifted up a stick a sniffed it.

"Doesn't smell like caca to me, señor." Richie said in a crappy Spanish accent.

"Okay, I can smell that from here." Eddie said in disgust.

"It's probably just your breath wafting back into your face." Richie told Eddie.

"Have you ever heard of a staph infection?" Eddie scoffed

"Oh, I'll show you a staff infection." Richie held up the stick as if it were a sword.

"This is so unsanitary. You're literally... This is literally like swimming inside of a toilet bowl right now." Richie then uses a stick to pick up a grimy trash bag. "Have you ever heard of Listeria?" Richie grinned deviously and threw the trash bag at Eddie; he screamed as the bag landed at his feet. "Are you-- Are you retarded?"

Charlotte then noticed the abandoned shoe bill was looking at. Her eyes grew large as she nudged Stan.

"You're the reason why we're in this position right now." Eddie continued his rant.

"Guys!" Bil got the attention of Eddie and Richie who were still arguing.

"Shit. Don't tell me that's..." Stan started before he was interrupted.

"N-no. Georgie wore g-g-galoshes." Charlotte said as tears filled her eyes thinking about the day she painted the duck on his small, yellow boot.

Stan noticed and immediately pulled her into his side as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Whose sneaker is it?" Eddie asked.

"It's Betty Ripsom's." Richie answered..

"Oh, shit. Oh, God. Oh, fuck! I don't like this." Eddie exclaimed.

"How do you think Betty feels? Running around these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" Richie jumped on one foot as he finished his joke, but stopped once he saw the look on Charlotte's and Bill's faces.

"What if she's still here?" Stan asked nervously.

"Eddie, come on!" Richie encouraged as he and Bill went further.

"My mom will have an aneurysm, okay? If she finds out we're playing down here. I'm serious. Bill?" Eddie asked.

"If... If I was Betty Ripsom, I would want us to find me. Georgie too." Bill told them.

"What if I don't want to find them? I mean, no offense, Bill, but I don't want to end up like... I don't want to go missing, either." Eddie said making Charlotte look down.

"He has a point." Stan commented.

"Y-you too?" Charlotte asked, looking at him with hurt all over her face.

"It's summer! We're supposed to be having fun! This isn't fun. This is scary and disgusting." Stan told her, but stopped when she walked away from him.

At that moment there was a splash that drew their attention. They all turn around to see the new kid, Ben in the river bleeding from his stomach. Charlotte's eyes widened as she ran towards him.

"Holy shit. What happened to you?" Richie asked as he and Bill walk out and Stanley and Eddie run towards Charlotte and Ben...