Chapter Thirteen

-Split-

"I'm s-sorry, Bill. But I can't d-do that again."

Arriving at Eddie's house, his mother furiously pulls him to her side and points an accusing finger at Bill and the others.

"You. You did this. You know how delicate he is!" Mrs. K yelled as she dragged Eddie to the car.

"We w-were attacked, Mrs. K." Bill tried to explain.

"No. Don't. Don't try and blame anyone else." She closed the car door, but she dropped her keys.

"Let me help." Beverly stepped forward.

"Get back!" Mrs. K holds her hand out. " Oh, I've heard of you, Miss Marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son."

She then looks towards the other girl of the group, Charlotte.

"And you too Missy. The only girl for four years in a group of boys. We all know you've done nasty things." 

"Mrs. K, I swear, I..." Bill got interrupted.

"No! You are all monsters. All of you. And Eddie is done with you. Do you hear? Done!" She stomped towards her car and once she had gotten in she drove away.

"I saw the well. We know where It is and next time we'll be better prepared." Bill turned towards the group.

"No! No next time, Bill! You're insane!" Stan yelled keeping Charlotte from passing out.

It might not look like it, but she has lost a lot of blood. Her thigh was still bleeding and now the deep cut on her cheek.

"Why? We all know no one else is going to do anything." Beverly said.

"Eddie was nearly killed! And look at this motherfucker. He's leaking hamburger helper! Not to mention, Charlotte looks fucking dead. Did you really not notice Bill?" Richie exclaimed.

"We can't pretend It's gonna go away. Ben, you said it yourself, It comes back every twenty-seven years." Beverly looked toward Ben.

"Fine! I'll be 40 and far away from here. I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town, too." Ben said.

"Because I wanna run towards something. Not away!" Bev told him.

"I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie gestured to Beverly. Beverly scowls at Richie while sticking up her middle finger.

"Richie..." Stan warned.

"I'm just saying, let's face facts. Real world. Georgie is dead. Stop trying to get us killed, too." Richie said.

"Georgie's not dead." Bill said angry.

"You couldn't save him, but you can still save yourself." Richie continued.

"No, take it back. You're scared and we all are, but take it back!" Bill pushed Richie back. Richie ran forward and pushed Bill, who  punched Richie, knocking him to the ground.

"Bill!" Charlotte yelled.

"You're just a bunch of losers! Fuck off!" Richie tried to push Stan and Mike off.

"Richie, s-stop." Charlotte said quietly.

"You're just a bunch of losers and you'll get yourselves killed trying to catch a fucking stupid clown!" Richie continued to yell.

"Stop!" Beverly exclaimed.

Mike and Stan let go of Richie and face her. Ben releases Bill and gives her his attention as well.

"This is what It wants. It wants to divide us. We were all together when we hurt It. That's why we're still alive!" She told them all.

"Yeah? Well, I plan to keep it that way." Richie angrily walked past Bill, bumping him as he goes.

Ben scowls at Bill and Beverly before he, too, goes to get his bike. Stanley and Charlotte glance at each other before nodding. They both began to walk towards his bike.

"Lottie?" Bill called out.

Charlotte turned around sadly, "I'm s-sorry, Bill. But I can't d-do that again."

Bill watched as she and Stan got on his bike.

"F-fuck you!" Bill called out angrily. Charlotte's eyes filled with tears as she looked back at her older brother

"It's okay, Charlotte. Me and you will stick together." Stan slightly smiled at her over his shoulder.

It's officially 2024!

-Love, M.

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote and comment!