Chapter Three

-Pharmacy-

"I-I'm gonna head h-home."

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think of our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys do know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, right? My mom's friend in New York City got it by touching a dirty pole on the subway. And a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail. A hangnail! And you can amputate legs and arms. But how do you amputate a wa-- How do you amputate a waist? You guys do know that alleys are known for dirty needles that have AIDS, right? You guys do know that? Hey..." Eddie rambled as they rode into an alley.

"Ah, we're screwed. Richie, wait here. Come on." Charlotte followed Bill, Stan, and Eddie into the pharmacy.

"Glad I got to meet you before you died." Was the last thing Charlotte heard.

"Can we afford all that?" Bill asked.

"That's all we got." Stan told him.

"You k-kidding me?" Charlotte sighed.

"Wait, you have an account here, don't you?" Bill looked towards Eddie.

"If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself... I'm spending the whole rest of the weekend in the emergency room getting X-rayed." Eddie told them.

The group then hears a noise that makes them look over and see Beverly Marsh. Charlotte and Beverly had talked a few times before and would often say that they were friends. They also didn't believe the rumors about each other.

"You okay?" Bill questioned.

"I'm fine. What's wrong with you?" Beverly fired back.

"None of your business." Stan answered rudely, resulting in an arm slap from Charlotte.

"There's a kid outside. Looked like someone killed him." Eddie told her.

"We need some supplies, but we don't have enough money." Bill explained.

Beverly looked at them for a second, then glanced at the counter as she got an idea.

The group watched as she walked up the Mr Keene. It was then Charlotte realized what she was doing.

"Ew." She said, mainly to herself.

"I like your glasses, Mr. Keene. You look just like Clark Kent." Beverly told the perverted man.

"Oh. I don't know about that." Mr Keene chuckles.

"Can I try them?" Beverly asked.

"Mmm. Sure." He gave her the glasses.

"What do you think?" She asked once she put them on.

"Well, how about that? You look just like Lois Lane." He looked her up and down. Charlotte could clearly tell he didn't need the glasses.

"Really?" She looked up at him.

"Mmmm." He nodded.

"Well, here you go." She knocked off a cigarette stand as she handed him the glasses, "Shoot. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." He put his glasses back on and bent down to pick them up; Beverly then glanced over her shoulder at Bill, Eddie, Charlotte, and Stan, who immediately ran out while Mr. Keene wasn't looking.